Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: 400NL: Steal, resteal and some too deep of thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
I just push this preflop over his 3bet if he's been doing it light ala cts. 30% equity = nuts

Also it's around 110BB effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoving Axs, while advocated as a particular style by CTS a while back, has been very VERY -EV for me. Maybe at NL400 and above it is a bit more effective, however I've never had luck with it (even when running 35/25).
Old 09-18-2007, 02:32 PM

I didn't read the replies to this thread but preflop is questionable.

Flop you should b/c or check. I like check. He doesn't need to be trapping you to think well I have 66 and he prob doesn't have a pair so I guess I'll c/r.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 PM

people like never check/fold this flop methinks.
i dont like claling with this hand pf, either fold or 4bet because there's SO few flops that hit you enough to push your [censored] in. Something like QJs would be a lot better to call with.
if youre betting its with the intention of getting it in, which i think is pretty marginal here without a good read.
id just check, but again if i wanted to make moves it would have been preflop, because this hand has roughly as much value seeing a flop as 27s.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

This whole hand is basically an admission that HERO is addicted to variance. Fold flop and stop the FPS. PF is meh, I'm not going to say too much about it though I prefer a 4B to cold calling.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well if you bet then it should done with a plan for what to do if c/r'ed. In this situation if villain is behind with a big ace then I'd prefer to check behind on the flop.

I agree that the 3-bet followed by a c/r is usually a bluff/draw so I think that if you bet it sbould be with the intention of getting the money AI and being ok with that.

Still I prefer to check behind, if na A hits we stack AK, if a 4 hits we stack overpairs, the worse thing that happens is we give KQ or something like that a chance to catch up. Another good quality to checking behind is that when villain is playing TT+ weird we keep the pot smallern while behind.

All in all I think more good things happen when checking than when betting, but with the right read bet/calling isn't bad, I don't think I'd bet/fold here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you make some very good points here. Quite compelling.

HERO had ZERO inclination to fold here, in fact, he planned on getting it in here if c/r'd. Is pushing over a 3bet bad? The turn could bring some scare cards, therefore, if we thing we're ahead of his range, would pushing over his 3bet be the right play as opposed to just calling it?

And yeesh is right regarding calling looking to outplay w/o a dominated hand would be better. In hindsight, I think HERO should have folded to the 3-bet, but having called, I think this brings up a damn interesting spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really an interesting spot. HERO wants to be PA. I hope it went well for him. Let me guess, HERO won the hand... WOW he is so good.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM

I appreciate the input fellas and 2 things I should note:

1) I also think that a 4bet > call here, preflop. After thinking more about this, it just makes more sense.

2) FPS city is right. It's welcoming in variance and is just un-needed. Yes, Hero did push over the top, got called by villain and villain showed AQo and Hero won. I don't think that matters, though, as I think the original range that we gave Hero was too tight.

I definitely agree this was way too much FPS/high variance and should be avoided in the future.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll pass it along to the fellas.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM

I like either check or b/c.