Default Re: The 5x Raise

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on Hero's FE here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that I had no FE.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are not often going to find someone with a range that tight on the button (i.e. you can defintiely put them on TT and JJ)

For some overly tight players you might be correct, that their definition of an unfoldable hand is fairly narrow. However, if their range is more reasonable (at leasst what they should not be willing to fold it should include at mimimum evey pocket pair and A7+ KQ. So yeah, you might not be kiling his range but id probably still call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that his raise to 5BBs allows us to narrow his range considerably. Or am I wrong here? It is 5 handed and he is on the button.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on Hero's FE here? [/quote

I'd prolly shove here if i've seen him be aggressive in LP at all. If hes quite passive, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what had me confused. He had yet to open-raise (there wasn't many opportunities, the table was laggy), yet he had 3 bet a button raiser 3 times. And his re-raises were all a little on the small side.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:48 PM

Especially on a villian who apparently understands the resteal, this 5x raise is done to price himself into on a push from you (I know for a while I fell into this pattern). To me this weakens his range somewhat and I think shoving here is my play. I think the likelihood of hands that we hate (bigger pairs) is actually reduced by this type of raise.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially on a villian who apparently understands the resteal, this 5x raise is done to price himself into on a push from you (I know for a while I fell into this pattern). To me this weakens his range somewhat and I think shoving here is my play. I think the likelihood of hands that we hate (bigger pairs) is actually reduced by this type of raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is pricing himself in then doesn't this tell you that he has a decent hand that he is willing to go to war with? Doesn't that tighten his range? The 2.5/3 BB raise gives you no info. But a 5x raise does.