Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Breaking a Bottle (for bar fight purposes)

We're talking in the hypothetical here. I think in a lot of cases, the acting of breaking a bottle will be enough to exhibit the crazy motherFer factor to get my way, however this does not account for the few times when I could actually run into a crazy motherFer who will shiv me with a piece of scrap metal without having second thoughts.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as the 'smash the unbroken bottle against a guy's head' recommendations, thanks, but I'm really looking more for just the intimidation factor. I am in no condition to finish a fight I might start, I just want to scare a few people if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're the kind of guy who is pretty sure you wouldn't win a barfight, you definitely shouldn't be the guy to take the nascent barfight to weaponville.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

There is wisdom in this.

In general, you should never bust out a weapon you're not willing to use. If getting punched out and maybe or maybe not kicked on the ground sounds bad, it could well be kid stuff compared to being sliced to ribbons or stabbed or mutilated with a knife or bottle.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the 'smash the unbroken bottle against a guy's head' recommendations, thanks, but I'm really looking more for just the intimidation factor. I am in no condition to finish a fight I might start, I just want to scare a few people if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. 90% of people (especially college kids around my age) will talk all kinds of sh*t but avoid an actual fight at all cost. If the guy watches you smash a bottle, that number jumps to 99%.

However, if you insist on using a weapon, I would just bash him over the head with it. If you actually jab a jagged bottle into someone's face, it could result in major major damage & serious legal repercussions.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:37 PM

It's actually a little harder than you might think to break a bottle in this fashion. I was at a party where a guy was wearing an old Army helmet, and I commented that it would be entertaining for somebody to break a bottle over his head. My roommate is usually the action to my talk in these kinds of circumstances, and so after vetting this with the dude in the helmet, proceeded to try and break a bottle over the helmet. His first attempt dented the helmet and did not break the bottle.