Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: STARS: Reward for 5 million VPP... This would be sick

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
second, and even bigger problem is you arent going to find 12 tables of 10/20 6max running 8 hours a day

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah there's 12 tables of 10/20 running approximately zero hours per day. Even if you play all the 15/30 you can get there's going to have to be a ton of 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have to play 12 tables of 10-20 to make this promo. You can mix in a few 5-10 in there as well along with some full ring games of 15-30 and 10-20.

EVen if you play 12 tables of only 5-10 thats still 1500 points per hour. You do this for 10 hours per day and that would be enough. PLaying 28 days a month you can make it this way. That even leaves you with at least 2 days per month of just relaxing or you can accumluate the days and take a regular 2 week vacation just like a normal job. All things considered this promo would not be that hard to reach. Not hard at all now that I think about it even more.

Will I win any money doing this, obviously not. I cant even win playing 8 tables, or even 4. So if there is no deal like this I will not play on stars at all next year. Which I am sure will dissapoint alot of the regulars because I love bleeding away chips. So if you guys enjoy me giving away money on the tables than lobby stars for this promo.

Also players like Marchinvest, sethypoo, Jctheguide, chez, and the gorrilla guy with the numbers 345. Just a few off the top of my head. All can get this.

I estimate I will lose 200-400k going after this deal. So the offer must get me over 600k return to get me above my usual income of around 15k a month.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if stars introduced a sick reward for 5 million VPP how many of you would go for it ?

How sick would the reward have to be to make you go for it ?

Would it be possible to reach it playing the games you normally would play 8 hours per day 6 days per week minimum 8 tables at a time.

Please discuss.

Personally I would go for it, no doubt. Playing the games I play 5-10 - 15-30 limit I can reach it with 9 hours per day 27 days per month

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you the one who thinks stars is rigged?

(seriously)

Todd
Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 AM

I don't care what the math says. It still isnt possible. You cant play that many tables for that many hours for that many days.

It's like I constantly have to explain to people when they think im some kind of shitless layabout because Im not playing poker 40 hours a week. Poker isnt like a real job. You have to be paying attention the whole time. Theres no little 5 minute break to stare out the window or 20 minute gossip sessions in front of the water cooler. You have to be concentrating and making decisions the entire time. I have to piss in a jug next to my desk cuz there isnt even time for a piss break. A 4 hour session of poker is more mentally exhausting than an 8 hour work day. They call it a grind for a reason. So while its possible to 50 hour weeks in the short term, there is absolutely no way you are mainting that pace playing that many tables for a year. It. Just. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:16 AM

you would already get about $600k even without them throwing in anything more.
You would get about $100k for your first million pts if you begin at only SN.
Then after you get elite you would get $125k for each million VPP's assuming they let you continue to get $50k in milestones for every million. The site only lists these milestones up to 3 million VPP's.

so you would get $600k if you got 5-million starting as a SN...and you would get $625k if you get elite this year and then began your 2008 quest earning 5xFPP's right from the start.

If you do concierge or other stuff to get better than 1.5 cents then that will increase your total earned too.

The difference of purchasing everything at 1.6c instead of 1.5c would be an extra $5k for every 1-million VPP.
If you could somehow get a bunch of stuff closer to the 1.7c range...I guess this would include the cars or WSOP package or some of the other tourney packages or something... then that could make a difference of up to $10k per 1-million VPP compared with 1.5c.

So doing that could take you as high as $675k for your 5-million VPP without Stars throwing in a single extra penny.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:23 AM

SO can we all agree that having bonuses and a sick reward for 5 million wont be a bad thing ?

I can officially enter the race for 5 million with ELky and BigJOe. ALthough I believe they will get there first, I think I will have better shot of getting there, just because I feel like I have the most available time.

Put that carrot out there for me stars. Worst thing that can happen is I go for it and quit.

I just checked my timing for my day and I actually have 11 hours per day I can commit to poker.

I sleep for 8 hours, gym for 1-2 hours. 4 hours masterbating and 11 hours poker... Seems like solids days work.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SO can we all agree that having bonuses and a sick reward for 5 million wont be a bad thing ?

I sleep for 8 hours, gym for 1-2 hours. 4 hours masterbating and 11 hours poker... Seems like solids days work.

[/ QUOTE ]
can we cancel the video camera idea please.

it does sound like a good idea. I'm sure its way way beyond me but I'll give it a go for £1,000,000.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:26 AM

The problem is the lenght. If the question was can you do 100k VPP in a week I'd say no problem. Even 200k in two weeks. But then repeating that for a whole year it is very hard.

As far as I'm concerned you'd need to put in 90-110 hours a week. Which sounds crazy but then I think back to law school and articling students at Bay ST firms put in 80+ hours a week for a year and they only get $75-90k.

I have enough money and other ways to earn it so there is no way I'd consider it for anything short of $4-5M. The only way you would get someone to do it is if you got the perfect combination of someone who had the skill to break even but not win and also had enough of a bankroll to play but not enough to still not value the final prize.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is the lenght. If the question was can you do 100k VPP in a week I'd say no problem. Even 200k in two weeks. But then repeating that for a whole year it is very hard.

As far as I'm concerned you'd need to put in 90-110 hours a week. Which sounds crazy but then I think back to law school and articling students at Bay ST firms put in 80+ hours a week for a year and they only get $75-90k.

I have enough money and other ways to earn it so there is no way I'd consider it for anything short of $4-5M. The only way you would get someone to do it is if you got the perfect combination of someone who had the skill to break even but not win and also had enough of a bankroll to play but not enough to still not value the final prize.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree except to say that a moderate loss after bonuses would be acceptable. If I ended the year down $500,000 that's still a profit of ~$1.5M which ain't so bad.

Trouble is I'm pretty sure I couldn't play that much even if I was winning 3bb/100.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:17 AM

I think it would be harder if you were winning 3bb/100. If you are making good money you'll lose the motivation. That would be about $300k a month in profits and since you never leave the house you have very few expenses. That is why I figure it has to be a break even player who doesn't win or lose much.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:54 AM

Ok you've convinced to raise my price to £2M

At least it would avoid the problem of having to leave a table with perfect position on a 60/20 and 60/50 because i'm going out