Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: those mother-$#%$## min 3-bettors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a simple shove if ur calling this PF... what board are u looking for playing this short?

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic doesn't apply here. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't stack off here, but just because we were getting 1000:1 preflop and had to call doesn't mean we have to auto stack off on any K or T high board.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is going to bet a very high % of the time on the flop. if we only continue when we flop 2 pair+ then the odds we're getting are not good enough. (i haven't done the math but i'm almost sure this is true).

my standard had always just been to fold preflop to the first min 3bet without a pretty strong hand, but i think andrew wiggins said in a cardrunners video that folding to min 3bets sucks.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:19 AM

I'm ashamed to admit I don't really know how to do the math here. I really think stacking off on this flop blows though, so I think the decision is between calling and folding flop or folding PF.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a simple shove if ur calling this PF... what board are u looking for playing this short?

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic doesn't apply here. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't stack off here, but just because we were getting 1000:1 preflop and had to call doesn't mean we have to auto stack off on any K or T high board.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats my point, his total odds were about 15-to-1... if youre going to call with KTo with those odds, you should be willing to stack off with top pair in most situations (this being one of them).
Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 AM

minraise lol.
I don't think I fold here.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Push for 'information'. From his reaction you'll know which kind of min3betting sob he is, and you make the maximum when ahead of course. AK plays just like that often (and call a push too).
Old 03-26-2007, 02:39 AM

This is why I will usually give people the benefit of the doubt and fold preflop in these situations even though I am getting good odds. With no other read to go on, I would rather fold and live to fight another day, especially with a hand as weak as k-10 off suit.

If you are going to call preflop then you should stack off on a flop like this. Even getting 4.5-1 I don't think its worth it to call if your only calling the rest with two pair or better.

-Jerry
Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 AM

call
Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 AM

I push. Calling is bad. Preflop is ugly though. Even if you are trying to isolate a fish why not wait for any hand that is not K10o? That has to be one of the worst hands to try and stack a fish with. As played though, I push the flop 100%.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM

meh, i just shove it in here. i think you're ahead often enough and usually have outs at least when you aren't. make a note on the guy obv.

JKratzer, I'm assuming you're getting the rest in on all turns?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 AM

call pf, fold flop.

you have to call this pf 3 bet otherwise your image goes down toilet.

fold flop, you've ended out in one of those annoying situations preflop, now just let go. don't make having to call $16 more preflop force you to have to spike a 5outer for $270 odd more.

don't be the sucker on the table when this guy turns out to be a 15/7. keep up with a tag image and see how he develops. but no need to shove on top pair vs a min3better preflop who has lead out to you on the flop.