5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $13
BTN: $15.50
SB: $29
Hero (BB): $31.35
UTG: $13.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.35, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.6, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($3.1, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, BTN calls $2.75

<font color="black">River:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($14.1, 2 players)
Hero ?

I decided, given his flop bet, that it was HIGHLY unlikely he had an Ace. But after he called the T CR, I started to get nervous. Maybe not an ace, but still something better? KJ? 55? ...but given how deep he's in now, perhaps I should push him all the way in since he could very likely call with a worse hand.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: NL25 6max: pretending I have trip Aces

Min-raising the turn tells you absolutely nothing about his hand. Very few hands are going to fold there. KJ certainly isn't. Raise more. If he calls that, then you can just hope for a cheap river.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Why pretend? If you think he doesn't have the Ace, call him down/keep raising him.

If you think he does, fold?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM

I am probably raising pf. Raising the turn is bad as your hand has showdown value and you've now turned a pretty decent hand into a total bluff. If he folded to your turn raise then you most likely had the best hand anyways. Donks love to bluff paired boards and if you felt he was this type of player, then I would happily call all the way down.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Why turn your hand into a bluff? You have plenty of showdown value if you don't think he has an ace, so just call down. Minraising is retarded on the turn.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I decided, given his flop bet, that it was HIGHLY unlikely he had an Ace. But after he called the T CR, I started to get nervous. Maybe not an ace, but still something better? KJ? 55? ...but given how deep he's in now, perhaps I should push him all the way in since he could very likely call with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think he doesn't have an ace?

Also, your turn raise is way too small to accomplish anything.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:54 PM

why has noone pointed out that he has overbet the pot on the flop? Since we don't have any other tells, bet sizes are very impostant (even if we did have tells). OP, have you ever seen him do this before? Would he open-limp Ax on the button?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM

I have to agree with OP on that point. Overbet in this spot is almost never an ace. That said I don't like the raise. Call down.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:32 PM

This was exactly the reason I didn't put him on the Ace: I just didn't see him making such an overbet on the Flop with the Ace.

But I hear what everyone is saying. Why potentially bluff out a worse hand on the turn, when only better hands will call? I think my correct line is to ch-call the Turn and River.