Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25 6max: pretending I have trip Aces (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325771)

fooz 02-07-2007 03:03 AM

NL25 6max: pretending I have trip Aces

Villain is 38/0/1.8 after 55 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $13
BTN: $15.50
SB: $29
Hero (BB): $31.35
UTG: $13.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.35, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.6, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($3.1, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, BTN calls $2.75

<font color="black">River:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($14.1, 2 players)
Hero ?

I decided, given his flop bet, that it was HIGHLY unlikely he had an Ace. But after he called the T CR, I started to get nervous. Maybe not an ace, but still something better? KJ? 55? ...but given how deep he's in now, perhaps I should push him all the way in since he could very likely call with a worse hand.

ye1tzen 02-07-2007 10:30 AM

Re: NL25 6max: pretending I have trip Aces

Min-raising the turn tells you absolutely nothing about his hand. Very few hands are going to fold there. KJ certainly isn't. Raise more. If he calls that, then you can just hope for a cheap river.

Sneds9 02-07-2007 10:33 AM

Why pretend? If you think he doesn't have the Ace, call him down/keep raising him.

If you think he does, fold?

Bonesy 02-07-2007 11:40 AM

I am probably raising pf. Raising the turn is bad as your hand has showdown value and you've now turned a pretty decent hand into a total bluff. If he folded to your turn raise then you most likely had the best hand anyways. Donks love to bluff paired boards and if you felt he was this type of player, then I would happily call all the way down.

RAHZero 02-07-2007 11:40 AM

Why turn your hand into a bluff? You have plenty of showdown value if you don't think he has an ace, so just call down. Minraising is retarded on the turn.

drugged 02-07-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I decided, given his flop bet, that it was HIGHLY unlikely he had an Ace. But after he called the T CR, I started to get nervous. Maybe not an ace, but still something better? KJ? 55? ...but given how deep he's in now, perhaps I should push him all the way in since he could very likely call with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think he doesn't have an ace?

Also, your turn raise is way too small to accomplish anything.

Unknown Soldier 02-07-2007 01:54 PM

why has noone pointed out that he has overbet the pot on the flop? Since we don't have any other tells, bet sizes are very impostant (even if we did have tells). OP, have you ever seen him do this before? Would he open-limp Ax on the button?

Gustav 02-07-2007 02:27 PM

I have to agree with OP on that point. Overbet in this spot is almost never an ace. That said I don't like the raise. Call down.

fooz 02-07-2007 03:32 PM

This was exactly the reason I didn't put him on the Ace: I just didn't see him making such an overbet on the Flop with the Ace.

But I hear what everyone is saying. Why potentially bluff out a worse hand on the turn, when only better hands will call? I think my correct line is to ch-call the Turn and River.