Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Bellagio vs. Liz

who is better? you or ian anderson!? jk he was a dynamite bj player, and you are good at poker! is that guy even alive still?? just curious, i always think of him when i see your screen name. plus, my best friend in high school was Ian J. *******!! pretty sure youre not him, cuz i still talk to him once in a while, and i know hes not a hi stakes pro! he is a doctor, and thus far poorer than you!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Is Ian J ----- Ian Johns?

If so, GL. There's 54 left in the 5 Star WPT and Ian Johns is 10th in chips with 850K.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Is Ian J ----- Ian Johns?

[ QUOTE ]
If so, GL. There's 54 left in the 5 Star WPT and Ian Johns is 10th in chips with 850K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they're the same person. G'luck Ian, keep kicking ass!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Really bad 2/4 that started recently Liz isn't playing as crazy as everyone believes she always does. I actually think she plays ok. Anyway, on to the hand.

John Myung limps UTG 7 handed. He's pretty good and I don't know what this means but I have JJ in CO so I'm raising it up. Liz calls in the blind and John calls.

Flop 953 rainbow check to me I bet Liz c/r's, John calls and I 3 bet it they both call. Turn 7 Liz c/r me again and I call John folded to c/r. River 5 Liz bets I raise and she 3 bets. Can I ever win?

[/ QUOTE ]

face it Ian your just a donk
Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 PM

I dont like the river raise. She's check-raised you twice already, I think by the river its a busted draw/monster too often to justify this raise.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are we 3betting overs on this basically drawless board vs. 2 opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

So that they'll think damn - this guy wouldnt 3bet with just overs against 2 opponents, would he?

You either get a free card, or if you think the conditions make it worthwhile, a chance to get better hands to fold.

And next time you have an overpair, you can 3bet the flop without feeling as though you've turned your hand face up.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why are we 3betting overs on this basically drawless board vs. 2 opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

So that they'll think damn - this guy wouldnt 3bet with just overs against 2 opponents, would he?

You either get a free card, or if you think the conditions make it worthwhile, a chance to get better hands to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

these two statements are contradictory. i can't get a better hand to fold if i take a free card.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the river raise. She's check-raised you twice already, I think by the river its a busted draw/monster too often to justify this raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The raising the river and folding to a 3-bet line is spewy in general IMO especially if the pot wasn't HU to begin with (dispensing with the protected pot concept for a moment), because you're showing your table (in a 200/400 game with 3rd level thinking opponents) that you are willing to fold for just one more bet on the river into a decent size pot, and that is an awful message to send. Sure, the river could have counterfeited her two pair, but based on this action it could have filled her up or been a good river card for her straight versus your overpair. Why give her an opportunity to 3-bet you when she knows it has extra value from fold equity?

You must show this hand down by flat-calling her on the river. IMO the only river card worth a raise in this spot is a J, and then you're obviously calling her 3-bet.