Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM

Default CBET and Blind Stealing

Hello!

I have noticed that my blind stealing and CBET-ing is very high (compared other players). This month I have played 40k hands and blind stealing is 46% and continuation bet is 71%. And I am worried about that. Maybe I am overusing these powerful money making weapons and I need some advices.

Blind Stealing
As I already mentioned, 40k hands and stealing% is 46%. Is it too high or its okay? Also I used PokerTracker filter to see blind stealing profit: PokerTracker->Filters.. and then under the Chance To Steal Blinds I choosed Chance To Steal & Raised (Is it right place to check out blind stealing profit?). And it shows that my blind stealing is profitable: 0.27 BB/HAND. My question is: 0.27 BB/HAND is bad/average/good? Or it should be higher?

Continuation Bet
As I already said, it is 71%. And again I think it's too high - looks like I am overusing CBET-ing. Also there is any possibility to check CBET profit? I used something like that: filter, then under: Pre-flop Raise - Action On Flop, I choosed Bet and under Showdown, I choosed Folded Before Showdown. (I raise pre, made cbet and then someone raised - I fold - CBET failed). It was -7.08 BB/Hand. Then again filters and changed Folded Before Showdown to Won Without Showdown - results was: +4.08BB/Hand. And using this two numbers -
Succesful CBET: +4.08 BB/HAND
Failed CBET: -7.08 BB/HAND
-----------------------------
Results -3.00 BB/HAND

But this don't show real results because maybe I made value bet on the flop and scare card arrive on the turn and I folded or I double barreled with nuts and opponent folds. I don't know how to check that how succesful my cbeting is - anyone have ideas? But anyway.

Any advices to find out stealing/CBET-ing leaks? How about my numbers? All suggestions, ideas and advices are welcome.