Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   CBET and Blind Stealing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544504)

ranka 11-12-2007 05:55 PM

CBET and Blind Stealing

Hello!

I have noticed that my blind stealing and CBET-ing is very high (compared other players). This month I have played 40k hands and blind stealing is 46% and continuation bet is 71%. And I am worried about that. Maybe I am overusing these powerful money making weapons and I need some advices.

Blind Stealing
As I already mentioned, 40k hands and stealing% is 46%. Is it too high or its okay? Also I used PokerTracker filter to see blind stealing profit: PokerTracker->Filters.. and then under the Chance To Steal Blinds I choosed Chance To Steal & Raised (Is it right place to check out blind stealing profit?). And it shows that my blind stealing is profitable: 0.27 BB/HAND. My question is: 0.27 BB/HAND is bad/average/good? Or it should be higher?

Continuation Bet
As I already said, it is 71%. And again I think it's too high - looks like I am overusing CBET-ing. Also there is any possibility to check CBET profit? I used something like that: filter, then under: Pre-flop Raise - Action On Flop, I choosed Bet and under Showdown, I choosed Folded Before Showdown. (I raise pre, made cbet and then someone raised - I fold - CBET failed). It was -7.08 BB/Hand. Then again filters and changed Folded Before Showdown to Won Without Showdown - results was: +4.08BB/Hand. And using this two numbers -
Succesful CBET: +4.08 BB/HAND
Failed CBET: -7.08 BB/HAND
-----------------------------
Results -3.00 BB/HAND

But this don't show real results because maybe I made value bet on the flop and scare card arrive on the turn and I folded or I double barreled with nuts and opponent folds. I don't know how to check that how succesful my cbeting is - anyone have ideas? But anyway.

Any advices to find out stealing/CBET-ing leaks? How about my numbers? All suggestions, ideas and advices are welcome.

Eternal 11-12-2007 06:01 PM

Re: CBET and Blind Stealing

46% is pretty high... for that sample size. I go through some days with that amount but avg around 38%

GiantBuddha 11-12-2007 06:22 PM

I noticed that too, Ranka. That's why I 3-bet you w/j4o. j/k

Chargers In 07 11-12-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And it shows that my blind stealing is profitable: 0.27 BB/HAND. My question is: 0.27 BB/HAND is bad/average/good? Or it should be higher?

[/ QUOTE ] In Pokey's infamous PT post he said that if you multiply the bb/hand by 100 and come out with a number that is double your ptbb/wr then you're doing good. So unless you're winning 14bb/100 you're stealing good.

Chargers In 07 11-12-2007 07:02 PM

Pokeys PT post

guaranteedBluff 11-12-2007 07:05 PM

these numbers can yield great winrates for players who are exceptional postflop.

what are your vpip/pfr? and what level are you playing?

Chargers In 07 11-12-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these numbers can yield great winrates for players who are exceptional postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]What do you think is exceptional?

guaranteedBluff 11-12-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]What do you think is exceptional?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm i don't know, the best few players at each level? hard to say...

Chargers In 07 11-12-2007 07:10 PM

grrr I phrased my question wrong, that's not what I meant. fahgitabootit.

ranka 11-12-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokeys PT post

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know this great post and I printed it out several months ago and I using it atleast once in month. But this stealing winrate explanation there is strange. I don't know, if he wrote this text maybe the games were fishier and great player had better winrates than nowadays. I don't know but each time I analyze my game - stealing winrate is very good comparing this text.

[ QUOTE ]

what are your vpip/pfr? and what level are you playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

This statistic consist: nl100 - 8000 (14/12/6.2) hands and nl50 - 32000 (15/14/6) hands - average 15/13/6.