Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Even the National Review

a very conservative publication is getting into the act bashing the new anti gambling legislation.

Article

An excerpt

[ QUOTE ]
The folly of this is bearable — what the hell, it shouldn’t come as a surprise when legislators pass stupid laws — but the thing that grinds your gears is that these particular people should presume to worry about other people being reckless and profligate with money. When Congress stops salivating every time a piece of pork gets dragged though chambers, then they’ll be qualified to take measures to prevent the rest of us from spending the rent money on the lock of the week. I’ve got more faith in my ability to pick the winner of the Ravens/Broncos game — against the spread, of course — than I do in Congress’ capacity to balance the budget, fix Social Security, or even just to say “no and hell no” to a multi-million dollar bridge to an uninhabited island in Alaska

You want a sure thing? Bet against Congress to balance the budget. If you can find anyone, that is, who will take the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there is hope after all because people from all sides are beginning to see the absurdity in it.