Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Convince me that that both sides aren\'t simply disgusting murderer

[ QUOTE ]
both administrations should be put on international court of justice in Haag.

[/ QUOTE ]

To what end? You cant believe that courts, tribunals or resolutions will actually accomplish anything.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To what end? You cant believe that courts, tribunals or resolutions will actually accomplish anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he's trying to say is that they deserve to be punished for the pain and suffering they have caused, and he is right. The point that the international justice system is a joke is irrevelant and doesn't undermine what he's trying to say.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:43 PM

Nap,

ACPlayer or Chris Alger will be along shortly to explain away those radical terrorist comments of the leaders of Hezbollah and Hamas, and how they don't really reflect the views of most Moslems despite the fact so many moslems won't renounce those views or take action to stop them. Plus they will explain how Olmert is really just lying and is not sincere.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he's trying to say is that they deserve to be punished for the pain and suffering they have caused, and he is right. The point that the international justice system is a joke is irrevelant and doesn't undermine what he's trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it does. he doesnt suggest they be punished, he states they should be brought to court, which youve admitted is impotent. ergo his original suggestion is pointless.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nap,

ACPlayer or Chris Alger will be along shortly

[/ QUOTE ]
I will beat them to it.

[ QUOTE ]
to explain away those radical terrorist comments of the leaders of Hezbollah and Hamas, and how they don't really reflect the views of most Moslems

[/ QUOTE ]
You're surprised that the leaders of terrorist organizations have views more radical than the general population? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
despite the fact so many moslems won't renounce those views or take action to stop them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never grabbed a microphone to denounce OBL. I do not serve in the military. I oppose Israel in this conflict and the US presence in Iraq. I am not a terrorist sympathizer.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus they will explain how Olmert is really just lying and is not sincere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yasser Arafat's statements in English were more moderate than those in Arabic too. I think that launching a war in Lebanon as his first major decision in office with the flimsiest of pretenses speaks volumes.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it does. he doesnt suggest they be punished, he states they should be brought to court, which youve admitted is impotent. ergo his original suggestion is pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. We get it, you like saying that international justice systems are ineffective. No one is disputing that, and it doesn't really have anything to do with the main point of the thread.

2. The idea that lots of members of both governments should be held accountable for all the pain and suffering they have caused is a correct one, and you aren't trying to address that. What you are doing is trolling.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nap,

ACPlayer or Chris Alger will be along shortly to explain away those radical terrorist comments of the leaders of Hezbollah and Hamas, and how they don't really reflect the views of most Moslems despite the fact so many moslems won't renounce those views or take action to stop them. Plus they will explain how Olmert is really just lying and is not sincere.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, leave that stupid bickering out of this thread. Napheads comment is not worthy of a serious reply, it is best to just ignore it.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're surprised that the leaders of terrorist organizations have views more radical than the general population?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm implying that that isn't the case, and those leaders accurately represent the views of a far greater portion of Moslem Arabs than their apologists assert to be the case. If someone in your family is causing problems in the neighborhood, it's up to your family to deal with that person, and failing to do so is evidence that the family supports the actions of their relative.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never grabbed a microphone to denounce OBL. I do not serve in the military. I oppose Israel in this conflict and the US presence in Iraq. I am not a terrorist sympathizer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement says you are.

[ QUOTE ]
flimsiest of pretenses

[/ QUOTE ]

murder and kidnapping. how many have to be killed to make it not flimsy?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. We get it, you like saying that international justice systems are ineffective. No one is disputing that, and it doesn't really have anything to do with the main point of the thread.

2. The idea that lots of members of both governments should be held accountable for all the pain and suffering they have caused is a correct one, and you aren't trying to address that. What you are doing is trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I responded directly to the original post, and have gotten no reply to my question. What you are doing is hijacking the thread.