Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: NL 50 - QQ facing massive reraise.

[ QUOTE ]
I say (2) for several reasons, the only hand I fear is 22/33/44 as QQ+ is getting RR pf almost always if villain is OOP

villain likely holds AK/AQ and is semi-bluffing the straight draw or a mid pp and using the paired 4 on the board as a scare card(dumb bluff, makes the call even easier)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... I plays $50 and $25 tables and find most people tend to overbet when they're weak hand turned into a monster. (though it tends to be the loose players who call down light then hit monsters... I suspect they know they have to win some monster pots to make up for their repeated bad calls so they overbet when they hit.)

The problem is, at the microlimits, players err on calling down too lightly as opposed to folding to easily. So, I would think most decent players are going to know that they're more likely to be called too light as opposed to getting someone to fold an overpair.

I have been burned more times by calling the overbet convincing myself its a bluff then the other way around.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: NL 50 - QQ facing massive reraise.

It's true that if you call his stack you basically have to push your stack in on the river and you won't get away from this hand.

Not all players RR 22/33/44 here since they just like to set mine. It could also be he has A4 or A5, not such a surreal hand to have.

This hand is just really hard to figure out without any real reads on opponent. Him playing solid for a few hands isn't enough :\