Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 50 - QQ facing massive reraise. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513912)

hoyasnaxa 10-02-2007 01:07 PM

NL 50 - QQ facing massive reraise.

Just sat down, I think villain is relatively solid.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $39.30
BB: $91.50
UTG: $59.70
Hero (MP): $97.70
CO: $40.30
BTN: $25.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, CO folds, BB calls $5.50

Turn: ($16.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $43.50</font>, Hero??????

AZplaya 10-02-2007 01:43 PM

Re: NL 50 - QQ facing massive reraise.

Just sat down, I think villain is relatively solid. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]ducy?

DonManuel 10-02-2007 02:00 PM

insta-fold

hoyasnaxa 10-02-2007 02:19 PM

I was with him at another table and the only hand I saw him raise was aces. I just dont understand what he could have here. Why would he play any hand like that?

gumpzilla 10-02-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was with him at another table and the only hand I saw him raise was aces. I just dont understand what he could have here. Why would he play any hand like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he assumes you can't fold a lot of your overpairs here.

Dallas Dru 10-02-2007 02:25 PM

if he was holding jj-aa there would of been a reraise i believe. so you can most likely take those hands out of your range. but have to be scared of 22-1010. i think this is a fold or just a stupid move. you said that he had played decently earlier so i would suggest a fold here. do you have the results of this hand i would be interested to see what happened if you have them

hoyasnaxa 10-02-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he assumes you can't fold a lot of your overpairs here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a 4 or set of 2s or 3s, why wouldnt he just call, or raise small so that I call? I feel like I got bluffed, I folded for everyones information. I just dont think he would play a 4, 33, or 22 like this. Maybe A5 or 56.

monkeymaps 10-02-2007 02:30 PM

in any situation when im agianst a player that is solid meaning I think they can put me on some sort of range and I play a hand exactly like I would an overpair and they react by telling me they want to get it in they are telling you they can beat AA KK QQ.

You may say this sounds exploitible but most "solid" players dont really expect anyone to fold overpairs at uNL.

c/c flop c/r turn is pretty standard line TAGs take with a flopped set IMO

kurto 10-02-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) Because he thinks you can't fold
(2) Because he thinks you can't call

I tend to err on the side of #1

Poker's Busmalis 10-02-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

c/c flop c/r turn is pretty standard line TAGs take with a flopped set IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And this seems just the kind of flop for it. This is an insta-fold.

One thing to consider when a TAG check-calls you on that kind of flop, is checking behind a turn-card like that. You keep the pot small (you beat only worse overpairs after the c/c on the flop) and have position on the river. Of course, against calling stations / fishes just bet bet bet.