Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

My mindset when talking to a woman for the first time is to leave her with a fun experience and a story to tell her friends, even if it doesn't work out. Probably the best thing for any guy to do is just practice talking to women without any expectations. Treat them like you would a little sister; joke around, occassionally tease them a little. Don't be afraid of rejection, even guys who do very well with the ladies get rejected more often than not.

Go to malls, chit-chat with women who work at clothes stores. Ask girls innocent questions at supermarkets, bookstores, etc. Just be fun and sometimes you'll actually meet someone you like with no downside. If you meet such a person, ask her if she'd like to join you for coffee sometime and continue your great time.

Girls are a lot like guys, they want to have a good time and like flirting quite a bit. Once you're comfortable talking to them and being around them then the rest should come naturally.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all the 'haven't been laid in x amount of years' crowd, are you guys actually doing things to rectify the situation? And I'm not talking about doing PUA crap or picking up sloots in bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

During my approx 3 year drought (basically coinciding with my first 3 years out of college), the short answer was 'no'. And to be perfectly honest with you it was rarely that much of a hardship. It came down to me more or less deciding that I had better things to do than always be chasing tail (which truth be told, I spent a lot of time doing in college...)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the 'haven't been laid in x amount of years' crowd, are you guys actually doing things to rectify the situation? And I'm not talking about doing PUA crap or picking up sloots in bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

During my approx 3 year drought (basically coinciding with my first 3 years out of college), the short answer was 'no'. And to be perfectly honest with you it was rarely that much of a hardship. It came down to me more or less deciding that I had better things to do than always be chasing tail (which truth be told, I spent a lot of time doing in college...)

[/ QUOTE ]

My main point with my comments in this thread, is that the guys who are gettng all indignant about "chaising tail" and acting like they are too good to "waste time on it" dont understand how to really have a good basis for social interaction.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM

See the problem here is what if you don't care about cooking or Spanish? If I joined a club, it would be a chess club, or a math club. These are places where the non-hideous girl population is pretty much zero (within epsilon, anyway). And I'm not going to join a club I'm not interested in just for the small chance of meeting women. Hence the long drought.

In general response to this line of thinking:

I think what some of these guys are trying to say is...if you want to get laid you have to open yourself up to doing things that chicks like to do. My old roomate once said "hey, if some girl wanted to seduce me, she would show up at the house w/ a six pack a hockey video" So true. If you want to end up in some chick's bed, you have to do some [censored] she's into to find her and/or land her. The cooking class idea seems like gold to me. If you go to bars, dance. It doesn't matter if you suck or even if you think you don't like it. All women know most men don't like to dance like they do, you get points for the effort. I'm sorry and no offence intended, but the Math club and the Chess club just aren't gonna do it in anything but the movies. Make a modest, reasonable effort...you will likely be shocked by the results. The most shocking part will be...you will have fun. OMG! Being out with a woman that is loving your company is basking in the light my friends, nothing will make you feel more like a man. Rant over, carry on.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM

I wonder how long it's been for FFK or Fluff.

An hour? 10 minutes?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM

I like guids's work in this thread. A lot of the stuff he's saying is the same advice we were feeding to a couple of the long-time virgins in my department.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An hour? 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

FFK is out of town; for Chair's sake we're hoping it's been longer than that.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An hour? 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I hope you mean time between when they wanted it and got it, and not simply time between getting it...

-d
Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 PM

4 years, broke the string this weekend. I'm just horrible at talking to women, but when one is hanging all over me at a home poker game where I'm heads up in a winner takes all, you damn well better believe I took the first split I was offered and took her into the spare bedroom.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Almost 24 and a little over a 5 year drought. Very introverted and don't like socializing. No game but mainly no effort and I just flat out don't care. I am somewhat attractive and think I could get some play if I worked for it, but I don't see it as worth the effort - I can get the same orgasm alone. If a good situation (quality female, potential to lead to something) fell in my lap I'd probably go along with it, but I'm not going to spend effort going after it.