Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: 2 River AI bluffs. Thoughts?

The second one seems perfect in every way.

The first one I question a bit b/c with those stack sizes wouldn't you be semibluffing a 2nd barrel when you pick up a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw on the turn? Or are you not representing the backdoor flush as a significant part of your value-betting range here?

Interested in your thoughts.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The second one seems perfect in every way.

The first one I question a bit b/c with those stack sizes wouldn't you be semibluffing a 2nd barrel when you pick up a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw on the turn? Or are you not representing the backdoor flush as a significant part of your value-betting range here?

Interested in your thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am representing Large pair, although he has to consider I flushed while staring at his QJs.

I often try to CR AI alot of turns with large pairs when I feel my opponent is calling CBets light. Many a villain bets the turn for no other reason than I checked it to them.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:57 AM

Hand 1. Based on the way the hand was played I think giving up is a fairly good play. Given the aggression of your opponent I could see him calling back your 3bet with aa, kk, qq, or even jj. Given your aggression he is probably not folding any madehand/over pair. I also think he will have a hard time folding TPTK.

Hand 2. I think it is a very good solid bluff. Given the fact your opponent didn't 3bet you, given his aggession, your opponent doesn't have ak. He could possibly be floating your flop bet with a king. However, given your river cram and the ace falling I think it was a very good bluff. Villian also calls back two barrels with 88, 99 and the river cram would force a fold.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I like a lot against a villain like that he'd prob shove the turn with a lot of hands because the board is pretty drawy.

Hand 2: I like, villain can call that flop pretty wide and the ace and king def hurt his hand. It makes a call with mid pairs way tougher. I doubt he'd float two streets with ace high and if he floated king high he needs to fold. The only thing I can really see him calling with here is 22 or 44.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got the hands flipped around, but this was my analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS, I remembered the order I posted the hands in wrong... U right, I slow
Old 02-12-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Why did you feel you have more fold equity on the river than on the Turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

To determine fold equity I would have to put vilan on a range. when he peels the flop, I generally put him on a 55-99 type hand. Sometimes a suspicious villan will call the turn bet on scare card, which I guessed he did. Either that or he is slow playing house/quads.

The reasons I think my FEQ increased on the river are two fold.
1) Its gonna be one tough call with 99 on an AK board.

2) Villan has to assume my 3 barrel frequency is lower than my 2 barrel frequency on turn scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was confused, sorry.

Hand 1.

Its not that I have more fold equity, its that I put villain on a weaker hand after turn check.