Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Beat: a ticket out of **** nowhere

I got a bunch of speeding tickets in a few different states last week driving to foxwoods and back to canada. Im planning on just throwing them out, is this a bad idea in any way? I have an Ontario Drivers liscence.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:48 PM

In NJ it's legal for them to pull you over for just a seatbelt violation.

Sounds like New York's running out of money. You should've told him you left your NYPD hat at home.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:50 PM

this [censored] makes me continue that most cops are those [censored] douche bags from highschool that no one liked and are trying to take revenge on society
Old 11-17-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like New York's running out of money. You should've told him you left your NYPD hat at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would I check if it's legal or not ?

Also brag: at least there are no points on the license for seat belt violations.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chances are that he won't show up in court. But yeah, if he does then you're screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about other places, but in Texas they get OT so they'll definately be in court.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:55 PM

Not sure how it works in the US, but in Ontario whenever i get a ticket i just have an 'agent' (read: friend) attend the court date for me and reschedule (any excuse works: personal business, important meeting, etc). after enough reschedulings, the cop wont show up and BOOM your home free.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasons behind them making this legal has nothing to do with running out of money. Its a loophole for racial profiling. Obviously a lot of 6th level(doucy?) douchebag cops pull over anyone for this just for the [censored] of it. But its really designed to give cops probable cause when there otherwise is none. Its great because theres no way in hell you can contest this.

In cook county illinois (county chicago is in) its illegal to talk on the cell phone while driving. This is pretty much the same thing. Lots of people get caught up by the 6th level douchebags, but its really just a loophole law.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha the vig is more than the actual ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you have ticket unmentionable
Old 11-17-2006, 02:12 PM

The are only going to be in court if you Subpoena them. They are not required to be there otherwise.

Once you do subpoena them, your chances of them not showing are higher if:

1) The Court does NOT reschedule the court date to accomodate them (many do this)
2) If they don't work near the courthouse, etc

One thing you can do to increase your chances of success is changing the court date after you subpoena the cop. Technically you will need to re-subpoena, but usually the judge won't notice when you are in court.

I have gotten out of over 8 of the 10 tickets I received over the last 2 years. I went the first 4-5 years of my driving life NEVER getting a ticket and then in the last 2 years the floodgates opened.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasons behind them making this legal has nothing to do with running out of money. Its a loophole for racial profiling. Obviously a lot of 6th level(doucy?) douchebag cops pull over anyone for this just for the [censored] of it. But its really designed to give cops probable cause when there otherwise is none. Its great because theres no way in hell you can contest this.

In cook county illinois (county chicago is in) its illegal to talk on the cell phone while driving. This is pretty much the same thing. Lots of people get caught up by the 6th level douchebags, but its really just a loophole law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh no, this is because people are distracted when talking on a cell phone and it's been scientifically proven.