Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: a ticket out of **** nowhere (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=262477)

DrSavage 11-17-2006 12:05 PM

Beat: a ticket out of **** nowhere

So on my way to work I get pulled over and issued a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. When I attempt to point out to the officer that I am in fact wearing a seatbelt he says something along the lines of "you weren't wearing it when i stopped you" (I was). I say "see you in court" and take off.

I'm pretty much [censored] here, right ? Unless the [censored] doesn't show up in court there's pretty much no chance a judge would ever believe me. The ticket is only $40 + $50 surcharge but my belief in justice has now been mortally wounded.

StaticShock 11-17-2006 12:06 PM

Re: Beat: a ticket out of **** nowhere

Haha the vig is more than the actual ticket.

XXXNoahXXX 11-17-2006 12:07 PM

Where do you live where you can be pulled over for not wearing a seat belt??

In MA you can only get a ticket for that if they pull you over for something else.

No Fizzle 11-17-2006 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So on my way to work I get pulled over and issued a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. When I attempt to point out to the officer that I am in fact wearing a seatbelt he says something along the lines of "you weren't wearing it when i stopped you" (I was). I say "see you in court" and take off.

I'm pretty much [censored] here, right ? Unless the [censored] doesn't show up in court there's pretty much no chance a judge would ever believe me. The ticket is only $40 + $50 surcharge but my belief in justice has now been mortally wounded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me. You're f'd.
Your only chance is if he doesn't show up in court, and that's not likely.

LOL QUOTAS?

deucedeuce00 11-17-2006 12:08 PM

Chances are that he won't show up in court. But yeah, if he does then you're screwed.

DrSavage 11-17-2006 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In MA you can only get a ticket for that if they pull you over for something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brooklyn.

Shadowrun 11-17-2006 12:11 PM

again echoing the others unless you have some sort of pic/video data, you will pay the fine, unless the cop doesn't show to court.
i find it effective to reschedule the court date to another day, but do this when you only have like 3 days left to be able to.
and try to schedule it for a date that is closest to the orginal.

DaDizz 11-17-2006 12:24 PM

This same thing happened to me. I drive a tinted car and a cop pulls me over at 10pm on a monday when im driving to the gym. He says I wasnt wearing my seatbelt. Im like "oh [censored], im a [censored]" and oh wait i'm wearing my seatbelt. i tell him that and he basically tells me to suck it. I say "even if i wasnt, its impossible for you to correctly accuse me of it" Blah blah blah. He asks me if i was boozed up and then he checks my entire car. While this is going on, his dbag sidekick is just chuckling walking beside him. I was pissed but its not worth fighting.

durkahdurkah 11-17-2006 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brooklyn.

[/ QUOTE ]

NYPD has nothing better to do in Brooklyn than this?

When I lived in Upstate NY I'm pretty sure this would be considered an illegal stop, as I think you have to be doing something else illegal to be stopped in the first place. I got stopped for a 25 in a 15 (beat) a few years back and he let me off that ticket because I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and got ticketed for that instead.

Maybe the laws have changed in NY in the last 2 years.

keikiwai 11-17-2006 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brooklyn.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAD BEAT

Would you replace the y with an i and add an e and live there... you wouldn't have gotten a ticket.

Brookline FTW