Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Folding bottom set vs 2p2er

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the replies in this thread are worse then your play. C/r turn? Bet-3bet turn? Barf. He doesn't have a bare king...ever. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Brad.

Under ideal conditions your play is fine. The guy can only have a set/flush draw when he calls the flop and bottom set beats nothing on the turn/river. Great, but the problem is that a paradox exists in these spots. If he doesn't know who you are and views you as generic then his range might not be what you expect it to be. And if he does know he might mix it up against you. Like what if he thought that you would fold bottom set to a river bet b/c it can't be good the way the hand played out (and he knows that you know it, yadda yadda)? Now how good is your river fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You're concise. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The tone of my previous posts (possibly) to the contrary notwithstanding, I like Dave's line, right up to the river fold.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go raise/call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you didn't (like his line)?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go raise/call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you didn't (like his line)?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I like Dave's line, right up to the river fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no contradition, here. Move along, people.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:19 PM

Boz, there's a bunch of things in your response that you probably know aren't true.

The reason that I chose to continue the discussion with you via PM is that I consider you one of the guys worth talking to on these forums and you've helped me in the past.

The reason I posted the hand was part brag (villain showed A6s flush) and partly to see where you guys were in terms of hand reading, but also to get slapped in the face with KTs and learn that I made a bad fold. So the brag part was... well, misguided. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

edit: not to say that the rest of the guys aren't, just that boz and I were probably on the forums 2 years ago, which is kinda embarassing given the stakes I play now.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
antisemireverseimpliedturnbluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the replies in this thread are worse then your play. C/r turn? Bet-3bet turn? Barf. He doesn't have a bare king...ever. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Brad.

Under ideal conditions your play is fine. The guy can only have a set/flush draw when he calls the flop and bottom set beats nothing on the turn/river. Great, but the problem is that a paradox exists in these spots. If he doesn't know who you are and views you as generic then his range might not be what you expect it to be. And if he does know he might mix it up against you. Like what if he thought that you would fold bottom set to a river bet b/c it can't be good the way the hand played out (and he knows that you know it, yadda yadda)? Now how good is your river fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I said he's a tough player, that's what I'm talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

A3s/A4s are good flop calls, I think.

I don't know if K5s is a raise or a call here, ditto KTs. Anyone want to fill me in on that?

If you know you're ahead, it's got some merit, but he doesn't. It may still have merit but I'm not sure, please discuss this.

I also really don't have a damn clue about whether or not he knows (at game speed) that the turn card is death for A3s: he'd be drawing dead there vs my flop range. I assume that he could, though, because he made a wicked-sick river checkraise in another hand in the session. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM

*grunch*

I hate the way this is played. First of all, I don't limp UTG with threes. Second, there is no way you should check the turn. Were you that scared of a flush? He could play so many hands this way that you beat. He could think that your turn check means his TT-QQ is good, for instance. I like b/c turn. If raised on the turn c/c river UI. If he calls on the turn b/c river.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if this is a joke post? i think it's a pretty bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing.. You showed no aggression, anyone playing against you would never guess you had a set. If you fold a set on this hand, what other "great" folds are being made in your normal game?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM

So whats the resoning behind checking the turn?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So whats the resoning behind checking the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was because he put the guy on a bigger set or a flush draw on the flop.