Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 25NL - QJs -- All-in on flop?

IMHO, this hand is very opponent specific.

Fold to the 3 bet preflop UNLESS opponent is really spewy AND you both have a full stack. Given your stack size I think you have to fold unless villain is unbelievably horrible.

Since you called - I'd bet this flop ($5.00) 100% of the time. If he has AK, unless he's drawing to the better flush, he should fold. If he reraises, given your stack size it's an easy push. Even if you think he's only pushing TT/99/better flush draw half your stack is in there anyway.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In my experience at the live $1-$2 games in AC, players do tend to reraise liberally with position. Sometimes the blinds will reraise out of position because they feel the initial raiser is making a play at the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live games play way, way, way looser than online. Live $1/$2NL = online $.01/$.02NL
Old 01-21-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In my experience at the live $1-$2 games in AC, players do tend to reraise liberally with position. Sometimes the blinds will reraise out of position because they feel the initial raiser is making a play at the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live games play way, way, way looser than online. Live $1/$2NL = online $.01/$.02NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Im figuring this out as we go.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people just don't 3 bet very light.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement holds very true at 100nl and 200nl, pretty much true at 50nl and 400nl, not as true anywhere lower (25nl and down), and I can't speak intelligently about higher limits than 400nl.

I watch my wife play 10nl and 25nl all the time and people 3-bet incredibly light, sometimes with any pair or any A-paint, hell even Ax or suited junk sometimes. I'd compare it to the way people play in a small buyin donkament.

And to OP: This is one of the flops you are looking for when you call a reraise with QJs -- you need to find a way to get the money in on the flop. In this case you should c/r all in.