Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: \"standard\" stats for HU NL Cash Games

I'm 40.5/32 over my 34k hands. But I've opened up my 3betting range a bit more lately so we'll see how I end up. Also I'm gay and suck
Old 07-11-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 40/35 i think

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i just checked im 52/42 over 10k hands(all i played at 50c/1)

I agree with that 35% is NITYNESS HU defo how do these players win because HU is all about observations IMO and i would sure notice all im winning is the blinds then all of a sudden they come alive with pounding 3bets [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nitty isnt necessarily a bad thing HU, having a tighter image is generally going to be the most profitable image IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

case and point:

I couldn't find an open table at $100 last night, so I sit at $200. Papa_Chippi sits down. As some of you may remember, I destroy him. We used to have LAGfights... bet, 3bet, call, c-bet, push AI...

He sits down and I'm playing super super tight. Probably 38/25 or so. I ask why he wants to play me (given he's seen the 2+2 thread where I share that I've won more money off him than anyone) and he says "because you're a nit"... which makes no sense, but whatever.

Anyway, I stacked him within the first 10 hands and he FINALLY broke. A hand with him generally involves an AI at some point if you see a flop, he is THAT aggro.

So finally, he won't double barrel turn if I call his flop c-bet (which he would almost always do). Granted, I didn't do it more than once or twice in the 150-200 hands we played, but I floated him with complete air in 3bet pots (while IP) and bet out half pot on the turn when he checked. He folded both times which was wildly profitable, probably half a buy-in, between the two. This was all because I had an extremely nitty image.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 40/35 i think

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i just checked im 52/42 over 10k hands(all i played at 50c/1)

I agree with that 35% is NITYNESS HU defo how do these players win because HU is all about observations IMO and i would sure notice all im winning is the blinds then all of a sudden they come alive with pounding 3bets [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nitty isnt necessarily a bad thing HU, having a tighter image is generally going to be the most profitable image IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

case and point:

I couldn't find an open table at $100 last night, so I sit at $200. Papa_Chippi sits down. As some of you may remember, I destroy him. We used to have LAGfights... bet, 3bet, call, c-bet, push AI...

He sits down and I'm playing super super tight. Probably 38/25 or so. I ask why he wants to play me (given he's seen the 2+2 thread where I share that I've won more money off him than anyone) and he says "because you're a nit"... which makes no sense, but whatever.

Anyway, I stacked him within the first 10 hands and he FINALLY broke. A hand with him generally involves an AI at some point if you see a flop, he is THAT aggro.

So finally, he won't double barrel turn if I call his flop c-bet (which he would almost always do). Granted, I didn't do it more than once or twice in the 150-200 hands we played, but I floated him with complete air in 3bet pots (while IP) and bet out half pot on the turn when he checked. He folded both times which was wildly profitable, probably half a buy-in, between the two. This was all because I had an extremely nitty image.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...this is pretty funny LJ

There are not many of these players around...i run at 52/42 but i would like to think i do it with a little class...

I think i played this player at FT $100nl6max once he isn't very good at that game either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM

I am not far off from 52/42 normally, but what makes him bat [censored] crazy is his 3bet range. It's ginormous. He rarely, if ever, folds a button. I'd say he's probably closer to 60/50.

EDIT: And the greatest thing, is I can tell him that I floated him with air in those spots and there's nothing he can do about it... since it was about 85/15, have a hand/floating with air. So if he wants to gamble and push flop when he thinks I'm floating, he's going to get snapped hardcore.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 PM

Yep good strat to adopt against these types
Old 07-11-2007, 08:46 PM

My hand with cwar, with chat. And yes, I called a 3bet with 53o. Wow.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.50/$1 Blinds
2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (BB): $426.35
SB: $128.95.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $11.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Flop: ($22) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $11.00</font>, Hero calls $11.00

Turn: ($44) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $35.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $106.95</font>,

LJJones: haha
LJJones: I have a pair of 5's
LJJones: I'm like 75% sure they are good
LJJones has 15 seconds left to act
LJJones: lololol
LJJones folds

Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $71.95 returned to SB

Pot Size: $114.00 ($0.50 Rake)

EDITED: cwar's stack got mangled, had to enter it manually
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM

The term "Nit" definitely has negative implications, generally your leaving some kind of value on the table or dont have any gamble in you etc.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My hand with cwar, with chat. And yes, I called a 3bet with 53o. Wow.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.50/$1 Blinds
2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (BB): $426.35
SB: $128.95.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $11.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Flop: ($22) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $11.00</font>, Hero calls $11.00

Turn: ($44) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $35.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $106.95</font>,

LJJones: haha
LJJones: I have a pair of 5's
LJJones: I'm like 75% sure they are good
LJJones has 15 seconds left to act
LJJones: lololol
LJJones folds

Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $71.95 returned to SB

Pot Size: $114.00 ($0.50 Rake)

EDITED: cwar's stack got mangled, had to enter it manually

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a badass memory.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM

Haha me too. I recalled that hand from memory at work almost perfectly (well, flop and all).

Btw all,

cwar showed AJo.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha me too. I recalled that hand from memory at work almost perfectly (well, flop and all).

Btw all,

cwar showed AJo. Because he is a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP