Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: LETS GET SOME DISCUSSION... JJ and my pre and post flop play

[ QUOTE ]
here is a thread on raise/folding. ae's post is good.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]<3 v good thread. ill reread it tomorow morning fa sho.

AZ- hmm that range looks reasonable actually. idk wut i was doing tbh. i swear when i looked at it i even threw in like 4 random SCs and then had it like 99+ and then AK and like 66 or sumtin and was gettin like 30-70ish equity.

tha range u gave looks pretty good tho which is making me think it is actually possibly a call here. hmmm. lol.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:26 AM

Do not ever raise and fold to a shove. That line isn't the product of any logical line of thought, its just er..., I think I'm OK here I'm gonna raise, ZOMG HE'S SHOVING RUN AWAY!

Basically, SB is never ever bet/folding this flop. Make sure you're aware of that because of your flop action.

The combination of your image, his style, and the ever important fact that preflop really defines your handrange for him pretty well (he knows that you're not going to show up with AA/KK very much at all here) means that I like a call.

Edit: Against this kind of guy, I give him well over a 10% chance of having complete [censored] here. Probably in the 15-20 range. Don't ask where I got the number from, it's just a hunch from personal experience.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:40 AM

When did I say you were 100% ahead here?

I said the way you chose to play preflop, gave you no choice on this flop. Ahead or behind, dont freaking call off 15% of your stack preflop and then ask questions what you should do with an overpair. This is hilarious.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When did I say you were 100% ahead here?

I said the way you chose to play preflop, gave you no choice on this flop. Ahead or behind, dont freaking call off 15% of your stack preflop and then ask questions what you should do with an overpair. This is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]omg. so r u seriously sayin if u call 15% of ur stack off preflop then u r inclined to get all in everytime u have an over pair??? wow. awsome advice.

and i love the line of u cant assign a range to a maniac even tho i think his range is pretty narrow by the end. u sound rediculously uneducated in poker in this thread. give the hands more thought or dont bother. im seriously tempted to make it so i cant see ur posts n e more (u r the first person i have ever even conosidered this with.) about the only time i see u post u r trolling or making rediculous statements about something.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg. so r u seriously sayin if u call 15% of ur stack off preflop then u r inclined to get all in everytime u have an over pair??? wow. awsome advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not.
Sometimes I put a little prob-raise to see where I stand. So that its easier to fold my preflop slowplay to a maniac [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps Don't bother. I wont bother you with my "trolling" and "rediculous" advice no more. Good luck at the tables.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg. so r u seriously sayin if u call 15% of ur stack off preflop then u r inclined to get all in everytime u have an over pair??? wow. awsome advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not.
Sometimes I put a little prob-raise to see where I stand. So that its easier to fold my preflop slowplay to a maniac [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps Don't bother. I wont bother you with my "trolling" and "rediculous" advice no more. Good luck at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]sorry dude i dont wanna sound like an [censored] but i dont think u r looking at this in the right way and really just spouting off "the easy response"

if i thought it was a clear shove then i obv wouldnt have posted it. and i think that the responses here by respected posters justifies my opinion that is was razor thin either way. i deffinatly dont think this is bvb worthy and imo isnt even close to that.

i explained that villian was a maniac but still wanst 3 betting all day and thus did in fact have a range and one that could b discussed. he in no way had n e 2 cards. and while this flopped missed a big chunk of his preflop range he is not 3 bet shoving 100% of his preflop range. thus it is close.

and preflop i was not slow playin wut so ever. i never slow play preflop. if i thought i was ahead of villians calling range i would have shoved or w/e. i just read a thread is ssnl about calling 3 bets with hands that are going to be behind villians calling range if we shove or 4 bet or w/e. we have position and are much better post flop then villian. thus calling is better imo.