Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   LETS GET SOME DISCUSSION... JJ and my pre and post flop play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490308)

kaz2107 08-30-2007 10:41 PM

LETS GET SOME DISCUSSION... JJ and my pre and post flop play

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $96.33
Button: $99.75
SB: $57.35
Hero: $111.50

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $52.35</font>, Hero???

Reads and thoughts...

well im playin 50nl of late because i suck at poker and am practically busto online from cashing out to buy kool stuff for school and all that. utg raiser is a solid tag playin 18 11 2.5 and the main villian is a bit of a maniac playing 50 25 4.5. my image is pretty reckless tho. i have been playin 33 31 7 over about 100 hands with both villians.

First off i didnt 4 bet preflop because sb had not shown the ability to call 3 bets light let alone 4 bets and had only 3 bet 5 or 6 times while i had been at the table. also utg was good and if i did raise i expected a call from at least the one of the two and the last thing i wanted to do was play JJ in a HUGE pot and possibly not even have position. so i decided to see wut the flop had to offer and play from their.

the flop was about as dry as it gets and villian leads which was expected altho it was exceptionally small. so i decide that i have to be ahead of his range and fire a smallish raise in their with the intent to raise fold this bad boy. then of course he shoves and i realize how weak my raise looked. i had layed down a couple hands where i bet folded the turn and river in the last 20 hands or so. so i had proven i was capable of bluffing/laying down hands (not sure how villian perceived it)

so any ways. wut do u all think??? call the shove??? im really not ahead of much other then a bluff but given the circumstances i think it is a decent part of his range. how do u like the smooth call preflop??

Ikaika 08-30-2007 10:58 PM

Re: LETS GET SOME DISCUSSION... JJ and my pre and post flop play

Preflop is fine but I'd dump it on the flop after he 3BAI. Not sure how I feel about it, especially since villain is so loose, but I'd like to see what others have to say.

I also tend to lose a [censored] load of money with JJ as well, so take that as you will...:(

scallop 08-30-2007 11:07 PM

50/25/4.2 - Massive Range. Your behind 33/66/99.

I doubt this guy ever really has a bigger pair because, as you say he has rarely been 3-betting so he's probablly doing that only with the goods.

78 is a part of his range, as are sets, a9, 77, 88, TT.

Id call here and be fine with it.

kaz2107 08-30-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50/25/4.2 - Massive Range. Your behind 33/66/99.

I doubt this guy ever really has a bigger pair because, as you say he has rarely been 3-betting so he's probablly doing that only with the goods.

78 is a part of his range, as are sets, a9, 77, 88, TT.

Id call here and be fine with it.

[/ QUOTE ]ur post is confusing me. u say he 3 bets rarely and probably does it with the goods but right bfore that u say he rarely has a bigger pair/??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

traz 08-30-2007 11:19 PM

What were you trying to accomplish with the flop raise? Also, regardless of your answer, it's a mustfold once he raises

DaycareInferno 08-30-2007 11:21 PM

i really hate hands like this. i mean, you've got a pretty good hand, but there's action in front of you, but one of the guys is a tard, so who knows. then come the awkward bet sizes, and of course the decent player has to be the one behind you.

i think the first two actions are a lot harder than whether or not to call the AI.

GtrHtr 08-30-2007 11:42 PM

raise more pf, call shove or fold depends on the guy

Mr_Pathetic 08-30-2007 11:50 PM

I think PF is fine. I don't think I call here though. His line looks like the let me bet weak to get opponent to raise so I can shove it. But on the other hand if you think he will shove this with 78 then I guess you got to call it.

Lego05 08-31-2007 12:00 AM

I might fold pre-flop especially with your read on sb.

I definitely don't raise flop...just call.

After you raise flop and he 3bets it's among the easiest folds ever.

Disclaimer: Last 100,000 hands at 50NL I'm at ~5.5PTBB/100 hands, but so far tonight I've had ~4,5 shots of soco and 3 and a half beers. I'm still pretty sure I'm dead on here.

GtrHtr 08-31-2007 12:41 AM

wow, I totally misread this hand. nm.