Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: I am not trim

lol

Clark - I want to see your combine numbers. I bet even Durant blows you out of the water.

-Al
Old 06-19-2007, 03:25 PM

I got in a pod that looks like something out of Alien, and they did an air test, twice. I'm at the Mayo Clinic, so I'm pretty sure they number is accurate.

A quick search found this:

[ QUOTE ]
Bod Pod
This test uses the same principle as hydrostatic weighing but without water. The client climbs into a large "pod" for 50 seconds, and sensors measure body fat by using air displacement, according to Cory Schidler, owner of LFP Personal Training in Scottsdale. The test is usually administered twice, he says.

Advantages: The test is accurate, painless and fast.

Disadvantages: Must be done at a location with a Bod Pod.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 03:26 PM

How did the dr. estimate your body fat? According to wiki, there are several methods of varying accuracy.

edit: crosspost
Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

Clark - I want to see your combine numbers. I bet even Durant blows you out of the water.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt.

Good news though! I lasted exactly on the average time on the treadmill/stress test for someone who is my age and works out. Given that I don't work out, I view that as a victory!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM

I am ~5-10 155 lbs. My last physical my doctor said my triglycerides were way too high and he wanted to put me on pills (I'm 36 and skinny WTF!?) I convinced him to let me try changing my diet for 3 months and then I'd take the blood tests again. 3 months passed and I ignored the message from his office to come back in last month. I had Shrimp Lo Mein from PF Chang's for lunch today. I'm [censored]. Advice? (other than start excercising, which I plan to do, and stop eating Chinese.)
Old 06-19-2007, 03:53 PM

It's so easy for long-framed folks to fall into the skinny-fat trap (happened to me). But the belly doesn't lie.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Clark,

One thing to do with Carbs is just to isolate them in the morning/afternoon. I try to only do carbs for breakfast and lunch, and then a veg heavy dinner.

That said, I wouldn't think your problem is too much fat as much as it's a lack of muscle. Protein shakes, working out, etc.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:14 PM

I really have a hard time believing the 33% figure. I would try a different test.

33% isnt even on the scale for men.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

One thing to do with Carbs is just to isolate them in the morning/afternoon. I try to only do carbs for breakfast and lunch, and then a veg heavy dinner.

That said, I wouldn't think your problem is too much fat as much as it's a lack of muscle. Protein shakes, working out, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to eat small/no breakfast, massive carbed up lunch, and only eat more than a bowl of cereal for dinner 3-4 nights a week.

Got my bloodwork and fortunately in good shape on all the vitals there. Seems to be more of an exercise issue than diet issue. Which is good. I'd rather work out than eat less yummy bread, cheese and pasta.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 PM

Clarky,

"I tend to eat small/no breakfast, massive carbed up lunch, and only eat more than a bowl of cereal for dinner 3-4 nights a week."

Horrible. Time to get you on a plan. You're getting old and it's only gonna get worse for you from here. Keep this up and pipedream will be able to kick your ass soon enough.