Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:47 AM

Default 3/6 PLO - 2nd nut flush deep vs. C/R on turn

PLO 3-6 4-handed

Villain: $1700
Hero $1050

Villain despises me for "hit/running" him for $200 at 5/10 PLO HU once, when I actually played for about 20-25 min. after I was up on him. He's very aggro postflop when raising preflop but usually slows down with nothing on flop/turn. His hand selection is ok, he doesn't go nuts with garbage or anything. I hate stacking off here drawing dead but I don't play this deep/high ever so it's an uncommon spot for me. Is this Q-high/bluff enough to shove here ever?

2 folds, Villain raises to $12, Hero calls with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets $18, Hero raises to $60, Villain calls.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $120, Villain raises to $440, Hero?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: 3/6 PLO - 2nd nut flush deep vs. C/R on turn

He sounds like he knows what he's doing. Which makes his turn c/r fairly confusing. It depends a lot on how he views you. The fact that there's a low gutshot out there on the flop that goes with the ace-high flush draw makes it more plausible that he has it, but at the same time he could easily have A35 with the bare ace of spades. Some people never check-raise the turn without the nuts. This spot is too player-dependent - being there, in your shoes, makes the question answerable, as it stands it seems too close to me either way. If I decide to play (I generally do here but I don't know if it's the right decision), I don't shove, I just call with the plan of calling any river shove/shoving if checked to (assuming board doesn't pair).
Old 11-02-2007, 06:11 AM

How bad is calling here with the intention of folding to a decent sized river bet?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is calling here with the intention of folding to a decent sized river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's reasonably bad, think about it this way: if he is making the bare ace blush, he is getting maximum value for it, and you are playing exactly how he wants you to. Most good thinking villains in this game will follow up their bluff on the river, especially OOP here, so you either call with the intention of calling the river (if you think he has a set here, you don't want to give him a free card so you would normally shove) or believe him and give up to his turn pot c/r.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:15 AM

I had another hand with him where he potted preflop in CO, and I made it $54 with AQQJ, he called, flop came Jack-high two spades, he check/called a $80 bet, we both checked a Queen of spades turn, river was a blank and he bet 1/2 pot, I made a fairly bad call and he showed the nut flush if that counts for anything.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had another hand with him where he potted preflop in CO, and I made it $54 with AQQJ, he called, flop came Jack-high two spades, he check/called a $80 bet, we both checked a Queen of spades turn, river was a blank and he bet 1/2 pot, I made a fairly bad call and he showed the nut flush if that counts for anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes it much closer to a fold, but I'd be worried that villain was just trying to play off his image here and might make a '[censored] you' call.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:42 AM

It kinda sucks because I can't remember him showing any big bluffs when we played HU at 5/10 last month. Also, I feel like I haven't seen the naked Ace bluff in ages, but that's mostly because I have little confidence in ever getting most of my opponents to fold inferior flushes no matter what the board/action is at 1/2 or higher
Old 11-02-2007, 07:00 AM

Here is something really interesting, I think.

If he knows that you know that he knows people never fold flushes, does he bluff more or less?