Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 09:48 PM

Default BluffTHIS! \'s Christian views on nuclear holocaust

BluffTHIS,

This question was originally posted in Politics, but you asked me to ask it here instead. I'm curious as to how you can call yourself a Christian while calling for the deaths of millions of human beings.

For those of you who interested, this is the thread that inspired my question: Kill'em all and let God sort them out

Do you believe that Jesus would be for or against killing millions of people in a pre-emptive nuclear strike? I'm not as up on my bible reading as you are, but I tend to recall Jesus being a bit of a peacenik, and not so much a mass-murderer. I could be wrong, though.

Is it that you believe that we'd be doing God's work by killing millions of Muslims? Would a nuclear holocaust assure us a spot in heaven? The fact that you, a bible-thumping Christian, believe that killing millions of innocent people is the way to go, makes me wonder if I don't fully understand this whole "God is love" thing.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:54 PM

Default Re: BluffTHIS! \'s Christian views on nuclear holocaust

Just occasionaly, when I read stuff like this from so called christians, I wish I could believe in god.

chez
Old 01-22-2006, 11:51 PM

No matter what religion you belong to, or what god you believe in, it's always perfectly acceptable to slaughter millions of innocents as long as it's in the name of your God, and your country.

This is why religion should be outlawed world-wide. I'm really starting to become serious about this. It's time all the sane/rational people of the world stand up and take control of our planet from these religious wackos.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No matter what religion you belong to, or what god you believe in, it's always perfectly acceptable to slaughter millions of innocents as long as it's in the name of your God, and your country.

This is why religion should be outlawed world-wide. I'm really starting to become serious about this. It's time all the sane/rational people of the world stand up and take control of our planet from religious wackos.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think thats very wrong. Plenty of religous people would be appalled at this nonsense.

chez
Old 01-23-2006, 12:29 AM

I'm kinda ending my time here on SMP and don't care if I go out with a bang.

I don't think it's nonsense at all. Religious zealots are all too willing to shed blood, particularily in the name of god. Got a history book?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Religious zealots are all too willing to shed blood, particularily in the name of god. Got a history book?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mankind is all too willing to shed blood for any or no reason. Do you?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's nonsense at all. Religious zealots are all too willing to shed blood, particularily in the name of god. Got a history book?

[/ QUOTE ]
So are non-religous zealots. What makes you think religon has anything to do with it? Their justifications are usually false and often dishonest.

As Luckyme so wisely observed, people bring their morality to their religon not the other way round.

If slaughtering millions is bad then people who support doing it are bad people. That's really all there is to it. Decent (imo) people are appalled at the idea whether or not they are religous.

chez
Old 01-23-2006, 02:45 AM

<font color="blue"> What makes you think religon has anything to do with it? </font>

You have got to be kidding me! If you don't think the "God is on our side" has caused more bloodshed in human history, then there's no talking to. Yeah, there are some atheists fanatical about some certain cause, but NOTHING compares to fanatics who think God is on their side and use God to incite their cause. This is so obvious, I don't know how you can even begin to argue the point.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:15 AM

i think the problem is deeper than just religion, but an end to this religious era of humanity would be much more good than bad, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where you going? can i come?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:19 AM

Why are you ending your time here on SMP? And is trolling really the way to go with a bang? It's more likely you'll go with a fade and a sizzle and not a lot of respect.

What are your motivations here?