Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   BluffTHIS! 's Christian views on nuclear holocaust (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=18199)

Hopey 01-22-2006 09:48 PM

BluffTHIS! \'s Christian views on nuclear holocaust

BluffTHIS,

This question was originally posted in Politics, but you asked me to ask it here instead. I'm curious as to how you can call yourself a Christian while calling for the deaths of millions of human beings.

For those of you who interested, this is the thread that inspired my question: Kill'em all and let God sort them out

Do you believe that Jesus would be for or against killing millions of people in a pre-emptive nuclear strike? I'm not as up on my bible reading as you are, but I tend to recall Jesus being a bit of a peacenik, and not so much a mass-murderer. I could be wrong, though.

Is it that you believe that we'd be doing God's work by killing millions of Muslims? Would a nuclear holocaust assure us a spot in heaven? The fact that you, a bible-thumping Christian, believe that killing millions of innocent people is the way to go, makes me wonder if I don't fully understand this whole "God is love" thing.

chezlaw 01-22-2006 09:54 PM

Re: BluffTHIS! \'s Christian views on nuclear holocaust

Just occasionaly, when I read stuff like this from so called christians, I wish I could believe in god.

chez

Lestat 01-22-2006 11:51 PM

No matter what religion you belong to, or what god you believe in, it's always perfectly acceptable to slaughter millions of innocents as long as it's in the name of your God, and your country.

This is why religion should be outlawed world-wide. I'm really starting to become serious about this. It's time all the sane/rational people of the world stand up and take control of our planet from these religious wackos.

chezlaw 01-22-2006 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No matter what religion you belong to, or what god you believe in, it's always perfectly acceptable to slaughter millions of innocents as long as it's in the name of your God, and your country.

This is why religion should be outlawed world-wide. I'm really starting to become serious about this. It's time all the sane/rational people of the world stand up and take control of our planet from religious wackos.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think thats very wrong. Plenty of religous people would be appalled at this nonsense.

chez

BCPVP 01-22-2006 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because atheist countries like the former Soviet Union are/were sooo much better....

NotReady 01-23-2006 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No matter what religion you belong to, or what god you believe in, it's always perfectly acceptable to slaughter millions of innocents

[/ QUOTE ]

Baloney. The only slaughter of millions has been done by non-Christians, primarily atheists.

chezlaw 01-23-2006 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No matter what religion you belong to, or what god you believe in, it's always perfectly acceptable to slaughter millions of innocents

[/ QUOTE ]

Baloney. The only slaughter of millions has been done by non-Christians, primarily atheists.

[/ QUOTE ]
and I assume we agree it was a bad thing. Could it ever be the right thing for a christian to do?

chez

NotReady 01-23-2006 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Could it ever be the right thing for a christian to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to lay down an ultimate law because it's impossible to forsee all possible circumstances, but not in accordance with either the Bible or conscience.

Brom 01-23-2006 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Hitler a Catholic?

NotReady 01-23-2006 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Hitler a Catholic?

[/ QUOTE ]

He belonged to the Church at some point in his life. Judas was an apostle.