Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Turn decision w/ AK improved (AQ5Q board)

I don't see any value in betting here, especially if you're closing the action.

You are either a little ahead, or way behind.

I want to get this one to showdown as cheaply as possible, and that includes seeing no more clubs on the board.

HU on the river, I call one bet, and fold for two. I wouldn't overcall with this hand without a very good reason. I don't think it will be HU, though.

The reason I call one bet on the river is because after showing so much weakness on the turn, anyone might try to take a stab at it, even with busted clubs and I think the pot is large enough to call down HU.

Dov
Old 05-23-2006, 03:49 PM

I think you have to check here and see what develops on the river. 3 callers here and only a flush draw as a reasonable draw to me indicates that you definitely are probably facing a Q somewhere in the field.

I feel a check is right, but in the heat of battle i am probably ramming a bet into the pot here.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Am I missing something here?

it sounds like everyone thinks the sky is falling?!?!

We are going to give up huge EV, more a less conceed a large pot, and let a free card come off that can beat us: "just in case" one the two remaining Queens are in play and we don't want to get check-raises? Sound VERY weak-tight.

Now, I would probably check behind in this situation if this was NL and I was worried about having to make a "stack" size decision... but in limit... I think you need to bet here.

What happens on the river when there is a bet and a call to you? How dumb to we feel when we fold, the bet was a busted club draw, the call was a medium ace... and you folded this huge pot for one bet?

I think a bet here is important. If I get check raised, and there is a caller infront of me, then I can make an easy fold.

Other than that... I'm seeing the river.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a bet here is important. If I get check raised, and there is a caller infront of me, then I can make an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't clubs just call here?

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that... I'm seeing the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get to see the river anyway.

Why cost yourself a pot when the guy with nut clubs does a wacky turn c/r and misses on the river?

If the river goes bet, raise, then you can also safely fold whether or not the clubs hit.

I'm always calling one bet on this river and seeing it shown down for 1 bet seems like the best option here.