Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Default What are your all time favorite announcers\' calls?

I'm sure this thread has been worked over a ton, but I haven't seen it in awhile, and I love to be reminded of the ones that have slipped out of my memory. Here are some personal favorites:

Musburger on the Flutie pass: "Flutie flushed...throws it down......caught by Boston College, I don't believe it!" Chills.

Vin Scully's Buckner call. Everyone knows this one start to finish, but the excerpt that always sticks out to me is his emphatic and somewhat surprised "behind the BAG...", as if he knew something weird was going to happen.

Bill Raftery's "Send it in, Jerome!" I want to say I saw this one live, but I'm not positive. Either way, it never loses its coolness.

Keith Jackson on the Kordell Stewart miracle vs. Michigan: "He's got THREE people down there..."

Musburger again, at the end of that Stanford-Arizona game a few years ago: "YES, YES, YES. Robinson at the buzzer!" Maybe the only time anybody has ever out-shouted Dick Vitale.

Thom Breneman's perfectly timed "The LATERAL!" on that amazing Boise State hitch-and-pitch play.

Orsillo's "and the Red Sox win on PATRIOTS DAY!" just as Mark Loretta was about to be mobbed at home plate.