Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Aggressive driving tips

[ QUOTE ]

Another good technique is to turn on your brights at night. Don't flash them - they'll just slow down, just turn them on and leave them on, they have no choice but to get out of your way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you people would get really annoyed if I was the one you were pulling this [censored] on.

Let me preface this to say that I used to drive 40-50K miles a year (outside sales) and almost always 9 miles over the limit. I rarely hold up anyone who wants to go faster and usually change lanes to allow them to pass easier when I see them coming up in my rearview mirror. However on occasion I have have had drivers behind me do the bright lights bit, maybe when I was in the process of passing a line of cars, whatever. Anyway if they flash them, no problem, I don't really speed up any but I get out of the way as soon as I am done passing. The handful of times that some dickwad has simply left his bright lights on, I usually recall that I am not in that big of a hurry and slow down just slightly. It often takes forever to get around the last car in the line I am passing.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Expert move: Timed perfectly, you can turn left when the light turns green before the opposing traffic gets a chance to start moving. Usually only possible on specific intersections, or with a rolling start.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is an 'expert move' the entire city of boston is full of driving geniuses. this is just 'punching a left'
Old 05-23-2007, 06:02 PM

generally, if I'm at a red light, and there's an opening, I just run it. This saves tons of time.

As mentioned above. Never stop at stop signs. These waste time.

Don't be afraid to lightly bump people either. This will let people know that you mean business.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be afraid to lightly bump threads from several months ago either. This will let people know that you mean business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2007, 06:16 PM

I drive a '98 Chevy Suburban, which is lifted 12 inches and has 26" tires. They usually let me into their lane.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hit a guy doing this. I was in a older pickup with a steel bumper and they were a bunch of sping breakers in a convertable. It was one of the situations were the road was merging into on lane and everybody knew it so everyone got to the left lane. These douchebags stayed in the right lane passing everyone until the got to the point it merge and i happened to be the one right there they didn't signal or anything just stuck there nose in. They knew what they were doing, but they didn't think that i didn't give a [censored] about the front bumper of my truck. I was about 90% sure they were underage and drinking so i just hit there front fender at about 10mph. it really screwed there fender up and did almost nothing to my bumper. they got out cussing me. I told them just relax until the cops got here. they started whispering amongst themselves about (i'm sure it was about how they were drunk/beer in car.) I told them if they back their car up and got out of my way we could just pretend it didn't happen. They cussed me somemore but they moved and let me go by. the guy in line behind me yelled out the window "good job buddy". (non-sarcastic)

We blocked traffic for 5-10 minutes, but it was worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good job sir. This makes me want to get an old pickup with a steel bumper sooo bad!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:46 AM

Anyone in this thread who claims to be an aggressive or good driver and drives in the left lane is fooling themselves. If someone is coming up behind you and they need to flash you to get you out of their way then you have already failed. You should hang your head in shame and crash into the next tree you see.