Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: May Goals - how do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
holy crap I don't understand how you can play that many tables. you sir, are a grinder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually noodling about a "pooh-bah" post about how little conscious thought goes on while I'm playing - I rarely actively put people on ranges or take specific notes, but I have a decent-to-good ballpark reads based on PAHUD and the fact that I've been gifted with a near photographic memory.

FWIW the difference between playing that many tables 30/20 and 27/19 is immense - 27/19 largely plays itself, while 30/20 is much more difficult because that extra 3/1 puts you in so many more "conscious input needed" spots.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:55 PM

I think the reason the poker gods like me more than u seth is I don't play 8 tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (jealous)

Yourface:
Poker is my current "profession" and I play 4 tables. My brain is too ADD to play any more. By far the biggest leak right now besides emotion is forgetting pre-flop action at one table because im focusing on another.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By far the biggest leak right now besides emotion is forgetting pre-flop action at one table because im focusing on another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play just 3 , 4 is just 1 too much.(-:

My may went quite good besides the last 3 days where i took a shot at 10/20 and made 2,5K wich i lost back over the last 2 Days(-: But whatever im up a good amount this month.

At least i didnt read 2+2 as much as i should , i hope i get more discipline next month.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:11 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Seth,

Are you 8 tabling all the time, or just during prime times when the tables are softer?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seth,

Are you 8 tabling all the time, or just during prime times when the tables are softer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually between 1800 and 0400 server time - towards the end of sessions, I usually have to have 2-3 tables of 2-4, and sometimes have 1-2 5/10 if there are really good tables available, to keep myself from sitting at tables with one 45/25 and 3 of you jokers...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 PM

man, that sethypooh21 guy is someone I dont like at my tables (with 3k hands 29/21 winning 3.47 BB/100 at 3/6 a true grinder)

here is my chart (beeing a 30/19 guy I always think about the swings - does 25/18 guys also have them?):
beginning is 3/6, downswing is 2/4, breakeven time & down to -425 is 2/4 & 3/6 than I slaughtered 1/2. Last 15k hands are 2/4 & 3/6
Old 05-30-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seth,

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually between 1800 and 0400 server time - towards the end of sessions, I usually have to have 2-3 tables of 2-4, and sometimes have 1-2 5/10 if there are really good tables available, to keep myself from sitting at tables with one 45/25 and 3 of you jokers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I should add that I do it all on one 19" monitor on my laptop...(cascading tables FTW - not only does stars pop them up, but the border's flash when a table is active)
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Don't you think you miss a lot because you can't see the action on all tables? (Both the results of hands you folded and hands between other players where you might pick up some reads)
Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think you miss a lot because you can't see the action on all tables? (Both the results of hands you folded and hands between other players where you might pick up some reads)

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that at $3/6 and below you don't need reads or information. You just need to know the difference between a pair and ace high.

Guy.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss reads I'd pick up from paying attention to hands I folded pf/on the flop, but I generally have enough time to pay attention to hands where something 'interesting' happened. I usually have no problem recalling the action in a hand, so can usually file away that a villain played this or that in an odd fashion (c/r-4-betting FD+BP on the turn, eg, or the surprisingly common and surpassingly profitable donk-with-air types)

And to piggyback on Guy's comment, this is only possible at 3/6 or lower because all but the very worst players at 5/T or above are much better at varying their play.