Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: (100NL) 3bet with KJs flops TPTK.. aggro villain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, did he fold preflop before or to your c-bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I c-bet him 4-5 times before this(with better hands) and he folded all but 1 preflop. Here I c-bet him because he raised pflop the last 2-3 hands. I took an alternate line since I didn't want to bloat the pot with a marginal hand(was TPGK, miswrote the title).. was planning to value bet a safe turn(non Q or A).

[/ QUOTE ]
So if I get it right you; 3-bet him 4-5 times and he folded all but 1. That probably means one of two things;
He's ready to play back at you or
He's waiting for big hands to play back at you.

With both of these situations its better to check the flop, calling the turn is fine and folding the river is good as well. I think he shows up with QQ+ a lot here, if its a bluff its a daring one for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you're right on. I was writing while 3 tabling so it might have come out jumbled. I did end up folding the river. He overplayed KK before against me which I noted but without any reads on this aggression I felt I could pick a better spot to get my $$ in. I figured he was more so ready to play back at me rather than waiting for a hand, but I didn't do anything besides 3bet to warrant that aggression with anything less than QQ IMO.