Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: cap that chit

[ QUOTE ]
Some do, some don't. I think most people would raise when they spike their gutshot there in a jammed pot. But, live you have access to reads - there are certain people who would practically never raise the river with less than the nuts. If this is that type, reraising would clearly be bad. Against a typical player (not nut peddling played), I like raising it again.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

For this Q to make them a worse 2 pair then we are talking about Q7, Q6, Q5. I really doubt the ultra bad loose passive donk who rivers 2 pair with these garbage hands is going to suddenly find a value raise against hero's hand that was worth a cap on the flop. These scared passive players just don't do that. The best hero can hope for is the other KQ for a chop. Justin is way right here. These guys slowplay at the wrong times.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, what do we think about the rest of the hand? Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many chips did the button guy have left after he 3bet the flop?
Old 10-28-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is important and I'm sure we are thinking the same thing. Turn CR time.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-28-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is important and I'm sure we are thinking the same thing. Turn CR time.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 2 BBs going into the flop, so his 3-bet left him with 1sb, which he used to call all-in when I capped the flop.

If he had more, I think the right play is to call the 3-bet and c/r the turn. As it was, by c/r the turn I'd only be charging the limpers with 1.5BBs on the turn with no threat of further action.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 2 BBs going into the flop, so his 3-bet left him with 1sb, which he used to call all-in when I capped the flop.

If he had more, I think the right play is to call the 3-bet and c/r the turn. As it was, by c/r the turn I'd only be charging the limpers with 1.5BBs on the turn with no threat of further action.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he still had a full sb left I think CRing turn is better. You charge them the exact same amount both ways but I think you have a better chance of getting a live hand to fold with the turn CR.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:15 PM

The river is a call IMO. You've played your hand strongly enough that it could easily be a set, and it's a protected pot, so I'm going to tend to give a fair amount of credit to that river raise.

I'm debating whether I like the flop play. My natural inclination is to bet into the field, especially if I have a backdoor flush draw, since you miss a lot of value when he checks behind, which might happen occasionally with this many players to the flop. I also have mixed feelings about the flop cap since the worst hand the LAG *should* re-raise there is about KJ, although if he's steaming I can see it.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three of the worst limpers this side of a shrapnel convention spill chips into the pot.

A LAG raises on the button. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a three bet here? Without any colorful metaphors to describe the way the limpers are bad, I'm guessing they all call for two more bets almost as often as for one. With the steaming LAG, you are way ahead of his range, though any A or pr is likely if he has already committed to goin all in (not clear from the post whether you knew that/he had decided that pre-flop). Your hand has good equity multiway, so why not jam here? If you lose some or all of the limpers, that's not so bad, either.

--Dan

btw, what game was this? commerce 20? (guessing based on someone saying "go to 120")