Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   cap that chit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246901)

private joker 10-28-2006 06:26 AM

cap that chit

Three of the worst limpers this side of a shrapnel convention spill chips into the pot.

A LAG raises on the button. I call in the SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB folds, 3 blind mice call.

Flop comes K65 rainbow. I check, limpers all check, LAG bets.

** LAG is steaming from an earlier hand, has just moved seats, but only has a couple BBs left in his stack and has made it clear he's going all in no matter what **

I c/r, and 2 of the brainchildren cold-call. LAG 3-bets, I cap that chit. Hopefully this will fold out the limpers, but no they both cold-call again. LAG calls all-in.

Turn is a 7. I bet, both limpers call again into the side pot.

River is a Q (no flush on board). I bet, limper 1 now raises. Limper 2 finally releases his hand. Back to me.

giovanna_rio 10-28-2006 09:51 AM

Re: cap that chit

weeee waaiizzee !! with all this action anyone will not slow play a str8 on the turn here, looks like the limper was buried and made a worse 2 pair on the rivaaaa.

vmacosta 10-28-2006 10:15 AM

I'd be tempted to just call.

I can't imagine folding to a 4-bet, so given that str8s probably will 4-bet, you need to be ahead a bit more than 1/2 the time to 3-bet and I just don't see that being the case here.

chesspain 10-28-2006 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Three of the worst limpers this side of a shrapnel convention spill chips into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes K65 rainbow. I check, limpers all check, LAG bets...I c/r, and 2 of the brainchildren cold-call. LAG 3-bets, I cap that chit. Hopefully this will fold out the limpers, but no they both cold-call again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you possibly think that bad players who have already coldcalled this flop would fold for two more bets?

bugstud 10-28-2006 11:26 AM

this looks so much like lesser 2 pair, but these people are probably bad enough to have 98 and 43 here and wait to the river. It's not a fun spot, and it'd probably take some semblance of player reads to make my decision clearer.

SackUp 10-28-2006 11:39 AM

I like a call.

Looks like a chop or slowplayed straight. I don't think he has a worse 2 pair enough to 3-town here.

Hattifnatt 10-28-2006 12:49 PM

Happy Birthday Private Joker.

private joker 10-28-2006 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why would you possibly think that bad players who have already coldcalled this flop would fold for two more bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because even bad players will call 2 with T5o here but when it comes capped back around, decide they're against a set and drawing dead, and finally fold. It does happen.

private joker 10-28-2006 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday Private Joker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I have about 9 more hours of sobriety before we take off.

Nate. 10-28-2006 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes K65 rainbow. I check, limpers all check, LAG bets...I c/r, and 2 of the brainchildren cold-call. LAG 3-bets, I cap that chit. Hopefully this will fold out the limpers, but no they both cold-call again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chesspain --

This happens all the time. "Wow, FOUR bets?! Fold."

--Nate