Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: STARS: Reward for 5 million VPP... This would be sick

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol, think about what you're suggesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? The question was basically asking what the reward would have to be to justify wanting to kill yourself after a year of poker. It doesn't matter if Stars has said they won't/don't want to do cash rakeback, since that's the only thing that comes to mind that could possibly compel me to play that much poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a matter of stars not doing rakeback, but whatever. fine, you'd do it for something impossible, ok.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it's not a matter of stars not doing rakeback, but whatever. fine, you'd do it for something impossible, ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I obviously missed whatever you were getting at. Regardless, it was just an answer to a hypothetical question.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 PM

no worries
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 PM

The rake you would generate for Stars would obviously depend greatly on what games you were playing.

Lets roughly estimate that at 12.5 cents per VPP you are playing in games where you get around 50% rakeback which might be correct for some of the 6-max players out there.

by the time you hit 5-million VPP's you will have earned about $620k-ish in FPP's and milestones.
So the rake you contributed might be somewhere around $1.2 million.

Obviously if you are playing in full-ring games where perhaps you are earning closer to 100% rakeback then the $620k-ish in bonuses you earn will be roughly equivilent to the rake you contributed.

At 5/10 and higher averaging 9 players per hand I'm going to guesstimate $0.18 contributed for each 1 VPP hand...this is mixing all the $1 and $2 raked-hands together.
And you are getting back about $0.125 of that in points and milestones.
And then estimate $0.33 contribted for $3 raked-hand which is a 2 VPP hand which is about $0.25 in value if you are already an elite.

So very roughly around 70% for such a player perhaps just on straight-up FPP's and milestones if there is nothing extra added for 5-million VPP's.

But if you play tighter than the table then you are also benefiting from the MGR structure and others are essentially earning the points for you, etc etc.

So you could be very close to the 100% RB range.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok reading these posts im now confused.

OP, you mean $5 mill FPP not VPP correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I mean VPP.

If they were to continue increasing value all the way up to 5million VPP then I think I would make it next year. The point being I am addicted to poker anyways I play average 10 hours per day 6 days a week of poker, but I play in many different sites and places. Mixing in high limit home games and B an M play. If stars was to introduce a deal where it would make it worthwhile to take all my play over to stars than I would gladly do it.

Simple enough to accomplish... 12 tables of 6 max 10-20 for 8 hours per day. That would give you over 2000 points per hour for 8 hours would be 16,000 per day which is slightly more than enough needed to make this level.

I know of a few other players who could make it as well. IT would just be a matter of seeing that is the reward going to be worth all the hard work not just physically but mentally for playing all year like that.

Here are a few things that would make me go for it, let me know if they are out of line or in snyc.

1. 1 year of Double VPP. Thats right double VPP not FPP. this would be on top of the 500% for getting elite.

2. 1 year of entries into Sundy million for free. This wont be T money that you can sell, just entries into the Sunday million. Value of around 10k per year.

3. Aston Martin without spending any points just for hitting the 5 million mark.

4. Instant Team pokerstars member, with sponsored tournaments all of following year. This would be marketing genious, You would be getting interviewed at every single event combined with online coverage.

5. Cash milestone bonuses that increase in value as you go higher instead of decreasing in value.

6. Privelage to obtain SuperNova ( Pristine ? ) status throughout lifetime of account, barring any fradulent cirumstances. ( This would be if they offered the Double VPP for reaching the level )

Obviously they wont give you everything on that list, but it is possible to have a few of those items given to make the bonus. I am certainly interested and awaiting.

The main question here is that would you be mad if they intrododuced something ? Anything for the 5million ? qouldnt you like to at least have the option to go for it ?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:07 PM

OP - my hunch is that there might be a few 10/20 6-max players who would love for Stars to add this if you would really 12-table it that much.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 PM

I like the idea in theory I just think for it to be worth it for anyone to do it would have to be something pretty insane. Money experiences diminishing marginal utility. At 2M VPPs you are already at $250k. To go 2.5 times harder would take a lot.

If they made the prize too good though then you'd have people playing one account in shifts and splitting the prize.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Right.
Already get $620k-ish at 5-million so I would need way more than just an extra $100k in the form of a car or a bunch of live tourneys or whatever.

The ideas of double-VPP's all year or SN-for-life have merit though as does the idea of Stars sponsorship.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 PM

I don't see the value in SN for life. Being SN is only useful if you play and then you could just make SN in under 4 weeks.

Stars sponsorship wouldn't do it for me. I prefer to keep as low a profile as possible.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the value in SN for life. Being SN is only useful if you play and then you could just make SN in under 4 weeks.

Stars sponsorship wouldn't do it for me. I prefer to keep as low a profile as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I'd rather have the money than the fame.