Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Only slim majority favor legalized on-line gambling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This legislation was pushed by Republicans so people on 2+2 are naturally angry at them, but in other cases, Democrats are the ones pushing to restrict our freedoms. The restriction of our freedoms has bipartisan support...just depends on which of our infringed freedoms we are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I keep hearing this from people. Can you provide even a single example of a Democrat-led initiative to restrict our freedoms in the Bush era. This sounds like a justification from a Republican to keep voting Republican with a clear conscience. All my Repub. friends say the same garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the republicans control the house, senate and executive branch there really aren't any democrat led initiatives. This is just how politics works. So you could say there haven't been any dem led initiatives to restrict our freedom, but there haven't been and dem led initiatives to preserve our freedom either.

I think people are blaming the repubs too much. The dems take campaign finance comtributions from gaming companies too. Those companies play both sides of the aile. Its not like big oil or the unions.