Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: My name is donkey and I am gonna get this flush.

Hi there, first post, usually use a smaller forum. Currently play ipoker $50NL.

IMO.

PF: Fine but if your sure he's stealing 3 bet him now, go with your read/stats.

Flop: Leading is probably my preference but bet more ~ $5-6, a C/R is good too if we know he stacks off with TPTK/AA but you say he's datamined [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so we dont know, If you have his flop cbet and turn cbet configured to your HUD popup it may help you decide here .

You say he is stealing, I think you can narrow his range as UTG has limped, I feel he wont steal with J4o etc as often.

Turn.You have ~$37 left pot is $35 Fire out again, either ship or bet $20, fingers crossed he stacks off AA/AK he's either shoving or not. EZ money.

I know your working on donkey emulation here, what you don't realize is donkeys are an extremely advanced species who never underestimate the value of 2nd pair on 4 flush, 4 str8 board.

And yes your river shove looks like a missed draw. I like it as the hand plays out.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Obvious turn pricing bet really drives the point home, and gets a little more money in the pot so your inevitable river push is that much easier to call. Of course, we prefer he thinks a little bit and 3bets turn huge.

You know and I know this isn't an ideal general purpose line for sets, but as a variant it is pretty interesting.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 PM

If confusing the hell out of everyone was your goal, fine job.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My plan is to c/c the flop

Flop: ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $10.25

I think I see what you mean, except for this part.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Bet/call the flop [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If confusing the hell out of everyone was your goal, fine job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its very simple. Forget my hole cards.

I believe that villain has air. And the only way for me to extract here is to make him bluff me off my hand.

So I try to play this hand how I believe a donk would be playing some weak holding, ie a flush draw.

You seen people bluff before when they represent some monster hand? Well this is a reversed engineering. I bluff a weak hand. I represent a flush draw.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're looking for another raise maybe try the $3.75 bet again and really try to look like a donkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought about it more and I think this line is gold.

The problem with my river push that it not only looks like a missed flush but also as a missed turn c/r.

Now if I bet for any significant amount on the turn, it does not look like I am folding, so he will probably give up.

Flop bet, 3.75, bet again on the turn looks perfect [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Its does not look like a c/r is coming and it does not commit me either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Yeah I see what you're doing, and I like the theory, but it depends on finding villains who are reasonable players but don't know that you are a (semi [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) thinking player. This means datamined stats, which never tell you the full story, and finding enough villains to do this against to test the theory is going to be tricky.

Representing a worse hand than you have actually got is very interesting, and could be applicable in other spots.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 PM

bet out 1bb, call a raise, and then bet out 1bb again?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I see what you're doing, and I like the theory, but it depends on finding villains who are reasonable players but don't know that you are a (semi [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) thinking player. This means datamined stats, which never tell you the full story, and finding enough villains to do this against to test the theory is going to be tricky.

Representing a worse hand than you have actually got is very interesting, and could be applicable in other spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, flop half bets especially on two flush boards work almost all the time against almost all the regulars on FTP. So the turn and the river is a work in progress [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And especially against button raise, since they often have nothing to call with anyways and see raising as the only way to win the pot.