Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My name is donkey and I am gonna get this flush. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476305)

corsakh 08-13-2007 09:53 AM

My name is donkey and I am gonna get this flush.

I will try to explain before this discussion gets too far off course. Villains attempt to steal is over 30. He raised the button, it means he pretty much has air on this board and I can only snap off a cbet with a c/r. Leading for pot does not guarantee much either. So I decide to play a donkey in hopes he will raise me with air.

I am chasing a flush draw in this scenario. My plan is to c/c the flop, check the turn hoping that he will go for a second barrel, pray that a heart does not fall and if it does not push river as a bluff and hoping that he has some pair by that time to call me with.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $54.00
BB: $51.80
UTG: $92.30
MP: $69.90
CO: $62.20
BTN: $69.35

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 30/15/3 datamined, probably a regular. We have no history. I am new to the table.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $2.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $10.25

Turn: ($35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($35) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $37.00</font>

Who is for a $9 bet on the turn?

jack492505 08-13-2007 09:55 AM

Re: My name is donkey and I am gonna get this flush.

why no turn bet?

+EV 08-13-2007 09:58 AM

Are you hoping for a b3b on the turn with a $9 bet? Why not just bet for real and let villain raise us all in? If he is really on the flush draw then we are way ahead.

+EV

corsakh 08-13-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why no turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure.. does a donkey bet turn here and how much?

Jzo19 08-13-2007 09:59 AM

i think u missed alot of value on the turn , im pretty sure villain has AK/KQ or whatever bet 20 on the turn,,,and if u bet 3.75 repping a FD u could have pushed flop and he would have called AK/KQ or w/e

corsakh 08-13-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you hoping for a b3b on the turn with a $9 bet? Why not just bet for real and let villain raise us all in? If he is really on the flush draw then we are way ahead.

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont understand. I am the donkey and I am chasing the flush. As far as I am concerned villain has total air or a small pair at most.

QuietEarner 08-13-2007 10:01 AM

I'm guessing you're expecting him to bet the turn. But this villian prob has suited connectors in his range. Maybe a OESD or FD, so why not shove on the flop.

He raised you already showing you that he likes his hand, so shove and let him call if he's chasing, or maybe let him stack off with AK if he is a true micro donk, and if it's set over set what can you do.

Jzo19 08-13-2007 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont understand. I am the donkey and I am chasing the flush. As far as I am concerned villain has total air or a small pair at most.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt he repoped the flopp with atleast something , he pretty much commitTed himself to the pot IMO...

+EV 08-13-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I am going to bow out. I am super confused since it looks like you have a set with no FD. Are we trying to do some second level thinking or something?

+EV

BetweenTheLines 08-13-2007 10:04 AM

Did you try to check raise the turn?