Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: **OFFICIAL FINAL 4 PERFORMANCE THREAD**

[ QUOTE ]
lol Pinnacle put lines up on who will get eliminated

Talk about free money...too bad I don't have an account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a couple reasons why lakisha might stay, her dial idol score is low but her raw numbers are way lower than everyone else, her margin of error should be large. Being at the bottom can motivate a lot of her fans knowing its now or never. Finally a few smart Blake and Jordin fans might also through a few votes to lakisha.

GL Vegan
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM

Blake - without a doubt 2 of the worst idol performances ever at this late stage of the competition. Singing tuneless, falsetto painful, dance moves cheezeball, beatboxing extra-schticky.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Domer Pinny had that line up shortly after last Wednesday's episode. Lakisha was at around -250 when it first went up.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but this is the first time in awhile they put lines back up on elims after the show aired.

I wonder what it opened at post-show.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blake - without a doubt 2 of the worst idol performances ever at this late stage of the competition. Singing tuneless, falsetto painful, dance moves cheezeball, beatboxing extra-schticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gone all-in on neither Blake nor Lakisha winning. Because if he wins the whole thing, and I lose like $20k, I probably should just quit the human race anyway.

I see him getting eliminated next week pretty easily. If he does get to top 2, Jordin will have to be like -900 to win it.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally a few smart Blake and Jordin fans might also through a few votes to lakisha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow really? Somehow I don't think power voters are implementing any strategy so much as just hitting redial for their fav. Certainly there are people who vote for more than one contestant, but they must be a minority and get drowned out by the true fanatics, who are the only ones who count.

I'm pretty sure DI is roughly accurate this time. Only question is whether there is a substantial difference in the makeup of txt msg votes, and if those add up enough in number to matter.

I've always wondered what the ratio of txt votes to phone votes is. I always blindly assumed that phone votes make up the vast vast majority of votes cast but I'm starting to doubt that to some degree. However, I have no reason to believe there is any difference in the breakdown of txt votes as compared to phone votes. If L was lowest in phone votes by a large margin than why wouldn't she be similarly ranked in txt votes?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Domer Pinny had that line up shortly after last Wednesday's episode. Lakisha was at around -250 when it first went up.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but this is the first time in awhile they put lines back up on elims after the show aired.

I wonder what it opened at post-show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno but -500 or worse is way too much juice to pay on a who goes home prop. Hasn't Lakisha been predicted to go home like 5 weeks now?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally a few smart Blake and Jordin fans might also through a few votes to lakisha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow really? Somehow I don't think power voters are implementing any strategy so much as just hitting redial for their fav. Certainly there are people who vote for more than one contestant, but they must be a minority and get drowned out by the true fanatics, who are the only ones who count.

I'm pretty sure DI is roughly accurate this time. Only question is whether there is a substantial difference in the makeup of txt msg votes, and if those add up enough in number to matter.

I've always wondered what the ratio of txt votes to phone votes is. I always blindly assumed that phone votes make up the vast vast majority of votes cast but I'm starting to doubt that to some degree. However, I have no reason to believe there is any difference in the breakdown of txt votes as compared to phone votes. If L was lowest in phone votes by a large margin than why wouldn't she be similarly ranked in txt votes?

[/ QUOTE ]

a few 3 or 4
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno but -500 or worse is way too much juice to pay on a who goes home prop. Hasn't Lakisha been predicted to go home like 5 weeks now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lakisha is the new Phil [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Statistically speaking the correct line is a Taylor-vs-Katherine-esque -700 or so.

DI is manipulated through false positive votes and that shows up more dramatically as the night wears on which is why people examine where its at 30 minutes in.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:22 PM

Thanks pokerplayer28!! Unfortunately it appears Lakisha is toast. I am watching tonights Idol just now but DI has her with 9% of the vote. And for the record P doesn't have Idol lines up any more.

I have just watched Melinda's first performance and it wasn't good at all. And I also just watched Blake's first performance and I think he should be voted off for that nightmare alone! Paula is such a joke. After giving some reasonable critique she then goes on to compliment him.