Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: How can we improve SSNL

[ QUOTE ]
I think it will help a little bit if the Small Stakes forum would be devided into sub-topics, maybe 4-6. My suggestions:

(1) Single Hand Posts: Discussion of single hands belongs here, whoever wants to post or comment
(2) Strategy discussions: Gregs posts, PoohBah strategy posts (we all know Pokey famous posts) and the like belong here.
(3) Stats, Goals and Money: PT questions, "The happy weakend thread", Goals of the month, stats of the month, earnings, expected earnings, thoughts about moving up and bankroll management should be placed here.
(4) Poker Rooms and Players: Discussions about poker rooms, "In the well"-threads, "The regulars thread" should be placed here.
(5) Cheese: It will help these people who love it to have their own threads about whatever in this section.
(6) What's about a street by street topic. It doesn't happen that often, but I would like to see posters that display a hand street by street more often, like in the MTT part of 2+2.

What we can't change and what never will change: There will always be weaker players maybe with "stupid" questions, posts or answers and better players with better posts, questions and answers. This is the nature of such a forum. You may accept it or not, noone is forced to answer to posts he doesn't like. And there will always be a change of players in the long run. Formerly well known players will dissappear, not so much because they leave due to low level discussions, but because they move up or down or out. This happens, live means change!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol man you just described

1. SSNL
2. Poker Theory
3. BBV
4. Internet
5. OOT
6. MSNL

Why do people think that SSNL has to be an all inclusive forum?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 PM

eigenvalue I like your ideas but I'm pretty sure 2p2 will never create subforums under SSNL if thats what youre getting at. Either way I'm not really sure it needs it anyway. We need to restrict the noobs from posting as much (so they can read more) and the make sure the regulars and anyone else giving advice post their thought process instead of just call,fold, etc.

The cheese thread is a good idea. No one forces you to read it and it dramatically reduces forum clutter.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM

mods -

Can you implement the one new thread per day rule with the ubb software, or would it have to be manual policing?

I do feel cutting the number of total threads drastically, and having the mods appoint a thread-of-the-day or thread-of-the-week winnar (or poster-of-the-day/week) would help - everyone's ePeen wants to be crowned the Grand Know It All [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, if there's not a billion new threads a day, the mods could reasonably have time to make decisions like this (instead of constantly patrolling for unacceptable content).
Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mods -

Can you implement the one new thread per day rule with the ubb software, or would it have to be manual policing?

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not, we do send a warning PM to noobs who make 5 posts at a time.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 PM

For my last suggestion add me as a mod. I will nazi like crazy.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that really bothers me in this forum is that most posters don't bother to elaborate their 'advice'. They just say:

"your line sucks"
"wtf this is terrible"
"zomg shove"
"this is so obvious"

and up their post count.

It seems like the only thing they are interested in is insulting the thread starter and showing how good they are at poker. There's little to learn from these posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rainclouds,

Read my post in Orange's thread for an explanation of not only why this is true, but also why it should be this way. You are mistaken about what someone's motivation is for replying to a post with "this is so obvious" etc.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Thx 4 posting this!

Im a part of SSNL. I've learn a ton and still do.
I've been here since 2006. I read a lot (dont post much), but currently im a little behind in the master sticky.
I still have to many bacis questions i would like to get answered, and i do get more every day as i do play poker.
Thing is I use maybe 1h/d on 2+2 and its just impossible to keep up.(and I do wanna play some poker)
It should not be a problem that we are big and best(?) we just need some improvement and a lot more love.
When i read the digest im always shocked at all the good post i missed first time around.

I'll list some things:
1. Do: How can we improve 2+2 every week.
2. Digest are gold. We save lots of time. How much quality posts dosnt get drowned?
3. More summeries would be nice. I started to read the "A really cool hand i played" but just gave up. tl, dr and not enough love.
4. Maybe more locked treads. The hole front page? To try to have only quality post on the front page?
5. This means putting the cheese tread on page 2. Lock it at the end of each day and start a new? (to keep it small.
6. Ask regulars, MSNL, HSNL people to make a post here on a locked front page and others to make a contribution? Not a well. Just a hand or a concept - like mynameisgreg.

This got tl, but i do love SSNL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 02:45 PM

1) Max number of hand posts in a day

This is a must, IMO. Threads get bumped to page 4 after 15 minutes. And if Joe 2P2 doesn't have SSNL on auto-refresh, regardless of how savvy he is with the search function, there is going to be a ton of re-hashing.

The volume of threads alone pushes me into overload. CR's forums have a fraction of the traffic, but I learn a lot more because I don't have to dig through the trash all day.

4) General strategy instead of individual hands threads

Semi-related... I don't always understand every suggestion or line posted. Why do we push if he's never folding? Am I missing something? Is the poster an idiot? Am I an idiot?

Similar to the digest, I think it'd be nice for community members to be able to nominate once a week/month a reply on a suggested play. The posts that are deemed most interesting could be clarified by someone capable.

Cliff notes: Too much filler, any means to organize/clump useful strategy would greatly improve development.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM

We tried a "get your noob out" thread that only mods were allowed to answer in, but it ended up getting locked because the regulars trolled it.

Anyone want to see that concept brought back every month or so?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We tried a "get your noob out" thread that only mods were allowed to answer in, but it ended up getting locked because the regulars trolled it.

Anyone want to see that concept brought back every month or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, with a link to the real one in the micro forum