Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Default cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right.

Okay, first let me say that as a dog owner, I aim to be a responsible one. I keep my dog on a leash, and he's well mannered. Of course he's a golden retriever, so he's not aggressive and very friendly, which means he's not the type of dog to cause problems in public.

Furthermore, I don't let my dog [censored] in someone elses yard. There really hasn't been many opportunities for him to, as we live in an apartment, but I digress.

I'm on the second floor of my apartment building, with a parking garage built into the center of the apartments, and a sort of court yard on the first floor. This is where people take their dogs to pee and [censored] outside. There are two other places, one near the street w/ grass, and it has a sign that asks you to clean up after your dog. The other is a trail that goes down to the lake, and it has the same sign.

Just now I was letting my dog out, down in the courtyard, where there are no signs about cleaning up after your dog, and he's taking a big old [censored] when one of the ladies from the leasing office is walking into her apartment. Unbeknownst to me, she's right behind me, standing in her doorway, watching my dog take a [censored].

Tex (my dog) finishes up and as we start to leave I hear a voice behind me; (note: she had to stand in her doorway for a good 15 seconds waiting for tex to finish taking a [censored])

"You need to pickup after your dog"

I didnt exactly hear it, so I said "huh?"

"You need to clean up after your dogs, clean up his poop"

"Even in here?" I said.

"It's a $50 fine if you don't"

"Oh."

And I walked away. Having no intentions of cleaning up his [censored] for the following reasons:

1. no sign
2. courtyard gets 0 foot traffic/ bc it's dirt and monkey grass, absolutely no one walks through there.
3. everyone elses dog [censored] in the courtyard
4. i've never seen anyone cleaning [censored] up from the courtyard
5. i [censored] hate these people who run these apartments, they think they're some sort of nazi apartment group.

Is this borderline, in a social regard?

If you're a dog owner, what do you think?

Non dog owner?