Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354135)

TxRedMan 03-13-2007 02:16 PM

cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right.

Okay, first let me say that as a dog owner, I aim to be a responsible one. I keep my dog on a leash, and he's well mannered. Of course he's a golden retriever, so he's not aggressive and very friendly, which means he's not the type of dog to cause problems in public.

Furthermore, I don't let my dog [censored] in someone elses yard. There really hasn't been many opportunities for him to, as we live in an apartment, but I digress.

I'm on the second floor of my apartment building, with a parking garage built into the center of the apartments, and a sort of court yard on the first floor. This is where people take their dogs to pee and [censored] outside. There are two other places, one near the street w/ grass, and it has a sign that asks you to clean up after your dog. The other is a trail that goes down to the lake, and it has the same sign.

Just now I was letting my dog out, down in the courtyard, where there are no signs about cleaning up after your dog, and he's taking a big old [censored] when one of the ladies from the leasing office is walking into her apartment. Unbeknownst to me, she's right behind me, standing in her doorway, watching my dog take a [censored].

Tex (my dog) finishes up and as we start to leave I hear a voice behind me; (note: she had to stand in her doorway for a good 15 seconds waiting for tex to finish taking a [censored])

"You need to pickup after your dog"

I didnt exactly hear it, so I said "huh?"

"You need to clean up after your dogs, clean up his poop"

"Even in here?" I said.

"It's a $50 fine if you don't"

"Oh."

And I walked away. Having no intentions of cleaning up his [censored] for the following reasons:

1. no sign
2. courtyard gets 0 foot traffic/ bc it's dirt and monkey grass, absolutely no one walks through there.
3. everyone elses dog [censored] in the courtyard
4. i've never seen anyone cleaning [censored] up from the courtyard
5. i [censored] hate these people who run these apartments, they think they're some sort of nazi apartment group.

Is this borderline, in a social regard?

If you're a dog owner, what do you think?

Non dog owner?

MasterLJ 03-13-2007 02:19 PM

Re: cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right.

I think it's pretty standard to pick up after your dog, sign or no sign.

guids 03-13-2007 02:21 PM

You shouldn't own a dog.

amazing kreskin prediction:

Tx is going to be rightfully berated and called a douche bag by everyone, yet he wont heed a word.

Mens Rea 03-13-2007 02:21 PM

Dog owner here. With regard to the social aspect, I can see your point. Nevertheless, you should clean it up. It's your dog, your responsibility.

That being said, I know how you feel. We have an area where most of the dogs in the neighborhood are taken to crap, and it pisses me off when I have to clean up after my dog while dodging 53 piles of [censored] left from every other dog. Still, you should probably do it too, if for no other reason than avoiding a fine, which it sounds like that lady would love to ding you with.

Wires 03-13-2007 02:22 PM

I always pick up after my dog whether there is a sign or not. Plastic bags are stored in the same drawer as the dog's leash - this is pretty standard IMO.

I've stepped in dog [censored] more than once due to owners who were too lazy to pick up after the dogs. Depending on my mood I may have called you on it as well. Your judgment may be clouded because you think the chick is a huge bitch.

Dids 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

Clean up after your [censored] dog. Ass.

A S U 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

Do you have a sign telling you to flush your poop?

27offsuit 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5. i [censored] hate these people who let their dogs [censored] everywhere and don't really care about anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluef0x 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What the hell is the [censored] going to do in a place no one visits? I'm sure a squirrel monkey or something will enjoy the poop... if not, the Mexicans' lawnmower will pick it up later.

MasterLJ 03-13-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What the hell is the [censored] going to do in a place no one visits? I'm sure a squirrel monkey or something will enjoy the poop... if not, the Mexicans' lawnmower will pick it up later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because no one visits your bedroom, does that mean you want a fat pile of dook on your bed?