Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Texas Stats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So John Edwards employs at least a few lousy employees.
So the Republican senator probably employs better staff than John Edwards.
So what?

[/ QUOTE ]
It is no secret that John Edwards is known as the part-time senator from North Carolina. He misses a lot of votes. Here are some more links. Edwards places his personal ambition above the needs of his constituents. My 2nd cousin's experience mirrors what others have been saying about Edwards entire political career....

http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=71
"Senator John Edwards was absent for every vote during 52 of the 115 days when the Senate cast floor votes in 2003. In 2004, Senator Edwards missed every vote during the months of July, September, and October – a total of 59 consecutive votes. Senator Edwards' 50 absent days in 2004 equal an estimated salary overpayment of $63,543.16."

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclu...e.html?id=1100
"Wouldn’t you like to have a job where you showed up for work only 78 percent of the time — a job where you hobnobbed with cultural elites in Hollywood and crisscrossed the country in private jets?
That’s the life of North Carolina’s “Part-Time Senator” John Edwards, now “officially” running for president."

[/ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me... there are no other words to describe his actions except "[censored]". Bravo, sir!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay

Don't take this as me being a fan of this woman, I'm not. But her response to the whole brouhaha made me chuckle. Defensive she is not.

"But the New York Times reported that she responded, in an e-mail, "C'mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean.""
Old 03-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay

[ QUOTE ]
If you are suggesting that Rather's political ideology was not a major part of his motivation then you are a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And don't call me a fool, sir. I realize name calling is the most important conservative debate technique, but it only proves how little you actually have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Fool" was conditional and since you were unable to understand that I'm required to rethink the condition.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter Responds: Video

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.h...p;&&new
Ann responds....and justified her "schoolyard taunt" which to her means this married man with children is a first class "wuss". Her joke was in reference to Isaiah Washington (Grey's Anatomy) going into to rehab for using the word f*****.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,246520,00.html

She says f***** is a sophmoric word but not a bad word....

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the original audio and this is little more than the PC left puffing up against nothing. It's similar to Kerry's botched Iraq 'joke'.

Whatever it is, it's not news of any importance.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:34 PM

It's not news in the sense that John Kerry is a more important newsmaker than Ann Coulter.

It is news in that it's not every day a prominent talking head calls a presidential candidate a f*ggot.

In my mind, there's a big difference between somebody calling somebody not smart and somebody calling somebody a f*ggot.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In my mind, there's a big difference between somebody calling somebody not smart and somebody calling somebody a f*ggot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that Edwards has contributed to the deaths of people by siphoning off money from hospitals that could have saved them, calling him someone who has sex in a certain way that does not kill people is better than what he could have been called.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that Edwards has contributed to the deaths of people by siphoning off money from hospitals that could have saved them...

[/ QUOTE ]
Any further information to support your assertion that Edwards "contributed to the deaths of people"? You didn't provide any follow up the last time you made a similar claim.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Neither you nor Ms. Coulter gets it. I have no objection to her, nor you, making a claim that Mr. Edwards has siphoned money. Make the claim and provide your evidence.

I have strong objection to calling somebody a f*ggot. It is indeed a schoolyard term of insult, a term of denigration for gays. The same objection I would have if she called somebody a n*gger. "F*ggot" is not just a term for someone who has sex in a certain way. It is a term of insult for someone who has sex in a certain way. "Gay" or "homosexual" are the terms. Just like "n*gger" is not just a term for someone who has dark skin.

There's a difference between bigoted name-calling (and "f*ggot" is a term of bigotry) and providing evidence of a person's alleged nefarious business activities.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is news in that it's not every day a prominent talking head calls a presidential candidate a f*ggot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the source and listen. It's clear that the joke is that f*ggot is now a ticket to rehab, not that Edwards is a f*ggot.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the source and listen. It's clear that the joke is that f*ggot is now a ticket to rehab, not that Edwards is a f*ggot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a Sean Hannity gimmick account?!?

I've read it AND listened to it, and it more than apparently obvious that she is insinuating that Kerry is a "[censored]" AND that was the joke!!!

The only thing that is open for interpretation was what she meant by "[censored]", but she has now clearly confirmed that she meant it as an insult in the form of being a wuss.