Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347229)

Mickey Brausch 03-05-2007 06:38 AM

Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay

Well, not in such terms exactly.

The famous columnist made her comment in Washington during an address to the 34th annual meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference, during which she gave her opinions about the Democrats' slate of presidential hopefuls.

[ QUOTE ]
"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out that you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot', so I'm - so, kind of at an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards, so I think I'll just conclude here and take your questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

Her comments were reportedly followed by applause.

CNN

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/POLITICS...lter.ed.gi.jpg

JohnHHolliday 03-05-2007 06:56 AM

Re: Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay

I have been involved in a great deal of discussion about this on other forums (MYDD.) I am hoping this will finally prove to everyone on both sides of the isle that she is comepletely out of her head and can't really be considered a serious political pundit at this point. THan again people still listen to good ole' Rush so who knows.

MidGe 03-05-2007 07:38 AM

Big Deal! She must be really in need of recognition/attention of some sort!

tomdemaine 03-05-2007 07:40 AM

that face would turn anyone gay

Nielsio 03-05-2007 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't really be considered a serious political pundit

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

Chump Change 03-05-2007 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

How could she have ever been taken seriously? The bulk of of her work reads like heavy-handed satire with the right as the butt of the joke.

tolbiny 03-05-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

How could she have ever been taken seriously? The bulk of of her work reads like heavy-handed satire with the right as the butt of the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is a section of the population that agrees with her, making her a potential focal point of political power. Someone like Bush doesn't have to say the things that Coulter says to get her listeners' votes, he just has to have Coulter's endoresment allowing him the support of the far right while saying things that are closer to the middle. People like this effect politics in more subtle ways despite their radical positions.

whiskeytown 03-05-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, not in such terms exactly.

The famous columnist made her comment in Washington during an address to the 34th annual meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference, during which she gave her opinions about the Democrats' slate of presidential hopefuls.

[ QUOTE ]
"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out that you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot', so I'm - so, kind of at an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards, so I think I'll just conclude here and take your questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

Her comments were reportedly followed by applause.

CNN

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/POLITICS...lter.ed.gi.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT story about this convention -

all the candidates except McCain showed up - and Rudy is there, and goes off on the great Republican Abraham Lincoln.

He gets a muted response - it's not a meeting of REPUBLICANS, it's a meeting of CONSERVATIVES, many of whom are from the deep south and still aren't over the war of Northern Aggression [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

in that context, this is the last group who would be offended by what Ann says - this is her base - that's why you will see her here and at the radical conservative get-togethers but not on stage at the Republican National Convention.

You probably won't see Rudy there either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb

ShakeZula06 03-05-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that be awesome if actually she's basically a Colbert that had the idea years before him and no one got the joke?

2/325Falcon 03-05-2007 10:48 AM

She must have a new book coming out. She is heinous.