Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Lisa Lampanelli

[ QUOTE ]

Best joke: I've had more black dick in me than a urinal at the Apollo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also my favorite joke of hers, from the Pam Anderson roast if anyone wants to youtube it..
Old 01-29-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
new racial-joke-onry

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Hope that's not a typo.

And as for the 'best female comedian' thing... am I crazy or is Sarah Silverman >>> Lisa Lampanelli?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

her stuff is very hit or miss, the wife and I watched the special last night (had seen her on the uncensored late night thing on CC a few months back). Not nearly as good as her first special though.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Some of it is funny some isn't. She's much better than other female comedians.

Alobar(?),

A friend of mine loves Ralphie May. He linked me to some of his stuff on youtube and I've never wanted to kill someone more in my entire life. He singlehandedly disproves the Chris Farley effect, not all fat guys are funny.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And as for the 'best female comedian' thing... am I crazy or is Sarah Silverman >>> Lisa Lampanelli?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's always been to retarded for me to enjoy.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Sarah Silverman >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>> Lisa Lampenelli
Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Yeah, you could easily bang Sarah Silverman.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the first few minutes and literally almost choked on my drink when she was talking to the Chinese girl and said "I'm so glad your dad decided not to drown you." That was awesome.

Then it quickly degenerated into unfunny stereotyping for shock value and I changed the channel.

[/ QUOTE ]I think some of her stuff is pretty funny though, some of the stuff, is pretty retarded.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM

I just glazed over much of this thread but I happen to have seen Lisa Lampinelli multiple times in clubs in NY (not on purpose, just as one of the acts at Stand Up NY or something like that). Anyhow, I think she is pretty terrible. All her jokes are just spewing stereotypes about people and self-degredation. Granted, she sticks a couple of good ones in there once in a while but it gets old before it even starts. I remember that everyone at the club was eating it up but it was all such cliched crap, just a mix of trying to be offensive + stuff like "Hey, remember this stereotype about black people/gays/Puerto ricans etc." Do an hour about fat, ugly white women and maybe I'll change my mind on you, Lampinelli, but for the most part I give her a 2/10, maybe 3. Unfortunately, there aren't very many good female comedians, with lots of them being Sarah Silverman clones (just not as hot). This wasn't always the case but seems to be worse nowadays (old ladies of SNL were really good).
Old 01-29-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think she's still 10000000000000000000000000000xs better than any other female comedian

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

You guys are forgetting that she is a female comedian who is actually funny at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually really enjoyed her act - but I think Sarah Silverman is a top 5 comic.
-Ace
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All comedians that rely mainly on race jokes get old fast. The sad thing is the number of new racial-joke-onry comedians who are able to make a quick buck in that first few years or so before they get figured out. Tell me Carlos Mencia and George Lopez, what are Mexicans like?

The other funny thing is how you have to have an "out" to be able to tell race jokes in public. For example, a black comedian - being from a minority himself - has carte blanche to take shots at all other races and religions. Not so much for regular white guy comedian. Lampanelli's out is that she's a [censored] for black dudes. Seems like that's enough, but the "my best friend is black" is still not quite okay.

Anyway...race jokes can be super funny, but the double standard has always bugged the spit outta me. And comedians should have more bits than just that. Jokes about stereotypes are just. so. easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I think Chris Rock is an exception. His black humor is probably the most original and hilarious ever.

My favs:

"After OJ was acquitted, all the black people were screaming, 'We won! We won!' We won? What the hell did we win? Every single day I look my mail for my OJ check, and I still ain't seen it yet."

"Marion Barry at the Million Man March ... Marion Barry .. do you know what that means? It means, at our finest hour, we had a crackhead on stage"