Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lisa Lampanelli (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318350)

Sponger. 01-29-2007 06:37 PM

Lisa Lampanelli

I watched her comedy special last night, and while I find some of her stuff really funny I hate how her act is basically stuff like this....

"So I was dribbling a basketball down the street with my black boyfriend when a jew came up and stole our money, so my boyfriend took out his gun, and I'm not talking about his huge black [censored], he took it out and was going to shoot the guy when a mexican police officer came over and started beating him with a churro, and I said hey Pepe why don't you go mow my lawn..."

ZING! Cutting edge comedy. Yeah, I get it, certain races have sterotypes attached too them. She doesn't make them funny and she is just spreading racism.

Discuss?

prohornblower 01-29-2007 06:39 PM

Re: Lisa Lampanelli

I thought her entire schtick was that she f***s black dudes and is old fat and gross.

I'm surprised to learn she brings Hispanics into it now.

DrewDevil 01-29-2007 06:39 PM

I watched the first few minutes and literally almost choked on my drink when she was talking to the Chinese girl and said "I'm so glad your dad decided not to drown you." That was awesome.

Then it quickly degenerated into unfunny stereotyping for shock value and I changed the channel.

Klompy 01-29-2007 06:39 PM

I watched this the other night too, and was shocked at how well everyone in the audience who was being made fun of was taking it.

Los Feliz Slim 01-29-2007 06:39 PM

I [censored] hate that [censored] and I wish she would die.

Golden_Rhino 01-29-2007 06:40 PM

Stupid, unfunny and unoriginal? Yes.

Racist? Hard to say without knowing the individual.

Sponger. 01-29-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Racist? Hard to say without knowing the individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say she was a racist.

Sponger. 01-29-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the first few minutes and literally almost choked on my drink when she was talking to the Chinese girl and said "I'm so glad your dad decided not to drown you." That was awesome.

Then it quickly degenerated into unfunny stereotyping for shock value and I changed the channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats basically my experience with watching it. I should have said that I think her talking with the audience and some actual material are pretty [censored] funny.

Alobar 01-29-2007 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched this the other night too, and was shocked at how well everyone in the audience who was being made fun of was taking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but I think thats just cuz they dont want to look like they are upset about it. Im sure you could get on stage at a comedy club and spout complete racist crap and members of that race in the audience would prolly fake laugh

Im actually getting more and more annoyed by comedians cuz its like they dont even try anymore, they just pic a race and make fun of it. I was watching one on comedy central this weekend and he started making fun of indians. None of his jokes actually made sense or were even jokes, but he did the whole bit with an indian accent and so therefore it was "funny".

JJNJustin 01-29-2007 06:46 PM

People have been banned from here for less...

-J