FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Collin Moshman, tell us who you are

I am Collin Moshman.

Anyone else?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:49 PM

this isnt really in response to noodleman at all b/c his post doesnt fall into this category (i actually think its a good/constructive post), but in several threads lately a large % of this forum seems shocked/angry/over-defensive at the thought that someone who is not a frequent-posting regular member of STTF might know enough about SNGs to write a decent book. This confuses me.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this isnt really in response to noodleman at all b/c his post doesnt fall into this category (i actually think its a good/constructive post), but in several threads lately a large % of this forum seems shocked/angry/over-defensive at the thought that someone who is not a frequent-posting regular member of STTF might know enough about SNGs to write a decent book. This confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason is that some of moshman's post about STT theory are very questionable (if not blatently bad) in the eyes of a lot of 2+2ers. He is not a "known" STT winner and a lot of his posts seemed based in theory that is not always in tune with the way the games play these days.

To be fair to Colin, this book might help some beginners learn the game, but from what I've seen it'll probably be useless for players with experience winning at low to mid limit sngs.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's ridiculous to expect the writer to demonstrate some track record of being a winning SNG player at a decent level. A lot of SNGs is math and theory. But a decent chunk is just being able to stereotype unknowns or partial unknowns based on stats, bet timing, etc. through past experience with similar players. This can be coached to a degree, but mostly only comes from a lot of experience.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've ordered the book and when I get it I'll review it. I could really give a flying care about "who" the author is. If the book is good I'll say it's good and if it sucks I'll say it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met the author of the "OP"...He's a moeron [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

learn how to spell morean [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 PM

My feeling is that the STTF reaction is essentially the same as if a non-NASCAR driver published a book on how to race stock cars.

I will wait for Slim's review to the book before I buy it. Realistically, if it's fundamentally flawed it will be great for business.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM

That clears up why there might be some annoyed people here, an established STTF poster got rejected to write a book for 2+2 when this guy came in and they decided to print his instead. I can understand that, I thought you guys were all just busy winning $ to write one and he sort of snuck up on you.

However, I guess you can take some consolation in the fact that it wouldn't be very good competition wise if citanul, curtains, gramps or some other mad respected 2+2ers got their SNG book to sell millions of copies. And those players who want to seek out information from these top players still have forums and training sites etc.

Again, if you players read the book and there actually is bad advice due to inexperience, you can correct it through some good discussions on here. It will probably be a huge education opportunity more than my typical "should I push KQ on the button" posts... btw sorry for those I just dont know if I should.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, I guess you can take some consolation in the fact that it wouldn't be very good competition wise if citanul, curtains, gramps or some other mad respected 2+2ers got their SNG book to sell millions of copies. And those players who want to seek out information from these top players still have forums and training sites etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! I would much rather have donkeys write books about strategy for sngs, much better for our ROI
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 PM

I'm not going to buy this book until Colin posts his current SNs.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:11 AM

I have a feeling that this is going to be more like a "how to beat SNG's on Party in March 2005" than anything that is at all breakthrough.

Disappointing, to say the least, given that this board is full of many of the most successful SNG players in the world.
Closed Thread