Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Canterbury: I have never hit and ran until now... thoughts?

Totally fine to leave. Don't sweat it.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:09 PM

I think I know who you are and you are definitely very respectful at the table. I believe you handled it fine. Dick does this kind of weird [censored] every once in awhile. He has weird brain farts. Im not sure he meant anything by it, but he might have considering the previous hand. I remember one hand I played with him the last time I played 30 where I raised KK utg and he coldcalled I bet all the way down on a 62974 board and he called all the way caught his 2pr on the river and didnt raise. When it came time to sd he took his sweet time rolling over his 2 pair. This really irked me since it was obvious I was taking disgusting beats the entire night. I got up just like you and left.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 AM

Your story is not hard to understand at all, it's very clear and well written, and you did the right thing.

Not a reason in the world you should stand there and take a load of [censored] from a [censored] when you can go home with six racks then and there. Maybe the creep will wake up and be a little more courteous next time, who knows.

The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. This guy was just begging for you to take major chips off the table.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 AM

I agree, you did the right thing,if anything it should have made the table come down on the dick. Also he said you were the worst player in the room, yet he checks a boat on the river...

ty for posting.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:50 AM

do what you want.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 AM

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this - I have done it - jerk to my right (with notepad, hat & iPod) raises his voice at me - something like 'do you even have a hand!?' because my stack is blocking his view of my cards or something - then as the flop comes I flop a K hi diamond flush and he starts telling the remaining players (repeatedly!) 'it's obvious he's got diamonds.' At the showdown the remaining player argues with the jerk 'well, it wasn't obvious to me' and I say - and I like this line - That's my cue! Good night everyone. I shake the hand of the guy to my left (nice fella I'd been chatting with half the day) and rack my chips. Sometimes you just have to take your cue and say good night.