Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Tweaked WW game idea

I've finally got off my lazy ass and written an idea I've had for a while up.

My love for the game of WW is well-known. Two things I think would be fun to alter:

1. Full-powered seers. So much power concentrated into so few villagers. It also makes fake-seering more difficult, and impossible in the end-game, as the seers are dead at that point. Also, spreading the power around would be fun.

2. "Last faction standing". The wolves have the same victory condition in like 98% of all our games.

The game setup (assuming 21 players):

Village:
12 villagers
4 "seers" - Each seer gets ONE peek randomly chosen on n0, n1, or n2. Any seers alive on n6 will also get a peek.

Wolf team:
3 technicians
2 jokers

Game ends on the day 7 lynch.

Wolf win condition is to have 2 technicians alive at the end of Day 7. Jokers are irrelevant. Villagers win if the wolves don't.

Seer peeks only say "seer", "villager", or "Evil"

Standard one lynch a day. If the wolves have all 3 technicians alive on day 7, I think I'd allow the village the chance to lynch twice on the final day.

This gives the village 7 kills (with say 5 seer peeks on average with 4 claimable roles) to get 2 out of 3 necessary people. That sounds kinda hard, since the wolves should be able to false-claim quite a bit, and the jokers will probably be trying their best to get lynched. Maybe I can allow for double lynches on day 6 and day 7.

Thoughts?