Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: OESD + 2 overcards vs 2 short stacks

I like it. They could have a GS or some crap. Some of your outs may be dirty because they'll split, but I bet your overcards are fairly good. 8 straight outs (discount 2) and 6 overcard outs (discount to 4.5) and a BDFD (.5 outs) and we've got ~11 outs? That's enough to go AI any day

Crovax
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. They could have a GS or some crap. Some of your outs may be dirty because they'll split, but I bet your overcards are fairly good. 8 straight outs (discount 2) and 6 overcard outs (discount to 4.5) and a BDFD (.5 outs) and we've got ~11 outs? That's enough to go AI any day

Crovax

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought at first that this was a clear fold. However, this seems like some pretty good analysis for a call being EV.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:32 PM

I think 4.5 for overs is generous here against two others. Maybe more like 3, probably less. The flop action indicates one of them has better than one pair at least. If youre looking at the flopped straight youre down to 7 outs. If youre against a set, its eight, but dont forget to factor in when he redraws to a full. If its an overpair which is definitely possible, then its 8 outs as well. Im sure 78 is very unlikely due to pf action, but the overpairs and sets are likely imo.